econ light on

stuart3

Reaction score
hi first time I this site live had an econ light on for over a wk now on my Audi A3 06 plate had air con regassed problem still there light won't go out wen pressed I have to keep my blower full on to stop the risk of over heating (noisy ) blowers constantly on No fans are engaging at all so not cooling down as should temp has never gone above 90 degrees can this be rectified as it's very annoying considering getting rid of car which i only got in January 2015 can't abide the fact that things won't work wen should had diagnostic on it said low pressure had that done still nothin getting really annoyed now

Light stays on if theres a fault in the diagnostics. Ie faulty or unplugged sensor. From experience on an audi a4 when you remove the bumper to change a cambelt you need to unplug the pressure switch and if its not put back or in properly it throws the light. I assume itll be the same on your car. Id suggest a faulty sensor is probably the issue.

Light stays on if theres a fault in the diagnostics. Ie faulty or unplugged sensor. From experience on an audi a4 when you remove the bumper to change a cambelt you need to unplug the pressure switch and if its not put back or in properly it throws the light. I assume itll be the same on your car. Id suggest a faulty sensor is probably the issue.
thx for that info it was workin fine upto a wk ago don't want to take front end off though can I get to sensor with out doing that

the diagnostic came up with a faulty high pressure sensor on air con will be gettin that sorted soon as I can afford it

Ive just fixed mine after a year of no a/c
NEW SWITCH - CORRODED OLD ONE
SECOND HAND PUMP - CLUTCH COUPLING FAILED
NEW CONDENSER - LEAKING
there are a lot of different switches out there and up to £50

some tips:
don't thread the switch on without supporting the condenser port with a spanner (might bend it)

the older B6 pump fits all you have to do is swap the ports over from your old compressor (2 screws)

get a professional to evacuate and regas for £35

make sure all the fuses work there is one that just does the high pressure switch

Attachments

• IMG_0192.JPG
    IMG_0192.JPG
    855.5 KB · Views: 157
  • 20140803_190844.jpg
    20140803_190844.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 135
  • 20140803_190915.jpg
    20140803_190915.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 190