Another newbie Alloys question

Acuity

Reaction score
Hi All

my car A4 1.9 tdi 04 plate

I have had a look round for the type of Alloys i can have on my car. I don't want anything flash or unique, i would really like the ones which are 5 spoke but chunkier than mine, you will have to excuse me as im not sure of the names but ill post pics if i can.

ive seen a set of my current ones on the bay in very good condition, and might of been cheaper to buy those instead of getting mine refurbed, but would end up with a set i have to sell on.

i wont risk buying anything until i'm sure they will fit

if there's a link to a guide on what alloys are on what model etc , maybe that will help

i currently have these 235/45/17
images

would prefer these, think they look alot better (not my car) do they come in a 17" would 18" fit mine
15250343528_c25eb64237_c.jpg

sorry not sure of the names of these at moment

Thanks in advance

They are RS6 alloys. You need PCD of 5x112, & ET/offset of between 35 & 45.

Reactions: Acuity
Et is dead easy the higher the number the more the sit in the wheel arch and the lower the number the more they sit out

et43 are what you need the et35 are a3 and look pants,...s4 b6 are et45 stick out that little more to give you an idear on ET

PCD - 5x112 is talking about the bolt pattern. 5 bolts and 112mm is the diameter of the circle that passes through the center of the bolts.
ET/offset - The distance between the rim's center line and its mounting surface.

To be honest, if you're not looking for flash or unique then I wouldn't worry about understanding he numbers. Just go for what Pauldazzle said. I think you'll be looking at around £350ish for a decent set of the wheels you want on ebay.

thanks for replies

Can i go 18" or do i have to go 17"

thanks

Last edited:
mine are et43 and sit just nice.standard

18s will fit and you'll probably prefer the look to the 17s.