Aluminium Honeycomb grille 57 plate

MA3TDIQ

Reaction score
I am looking for a chrome coloured honeycomb grille for my 57 plate a3 TDI.

Anyone know where I could acquire one?

Try xenonz I think its called. I got an all black one and I fitted it. Took me a couple of hours and its certainly cheaper then making one from scratch. It's a pretty good fit too. I got it off eBay.

Nice-thanks for letting me know-just looked at the xenonz website-they only seem to have a black honeycomb grille-what I'm really looking for is one finished in sliver/aluminium.

Also was it easy to remove the old grill to put the new one on?

You have to take the bumper off to get to the screws and clips for the grill. Took me a couple of hours but if I can do it then anyone can. At first it's hard to get one clip off but then after the first one is out its pretty easy to get the rest off.

I do them as Im a distributor for Xenonz UK.

I would be interested. How much does an aluminium grill cost for 57 plate a3? I sent you a PM.

You have to take the bumper off to get to the screws and clips for the grill. Took me a couple of hours but if I can do it then anyone can. At first it's hard to get one clip off but then after the first one is out its pretty easy to get the rest off.

Did you follow a picture guide? How did you know where the screws are? are the TORX 20 screws?

Oh wow - looks like a big job! Didn't know the whole bumper had to come off! might be worth replacing the whole bumper with RS3 bumper - I love the big air intakes under the lights!

With an rs3 I think they will only fit an 08 plate and afterwards. And even then it's a big Job and pricey because you have to change the wings and I think the crash bar too. I'm not too sure tho so don't quote me on it. Rs3 wasn't available on the pre facelift