first service ££££

My dealer said for 13k miles a year it wasn't even worth them quoting for !

Audi do fixed price servicing for services. All on their site.

Guess they are saying that because of the variable servicing interval and assuming the best. My dealer said the same thing. Depends if your on a pcp I guess.

Oh yeah just seen if over 3 years. Lol. Well that sucks. Lol

Mine said something similar, but I don't get why they mean!

Think its including tyres as well as servicing so it you have to hit a certain annual mileage more than the break even point to make if worth while so for example two services and two sets off tyres =£1500 over 3 years to keep the maths simple if you pay less than £500 a year (total of monthly payments) then you've saved money and the service plan is worth doing.

There are 2 different products. Audi complete inc tyres etc. and Audi service plans. Which just includes services.

Reactions: Rob2k68
This is why I spent the extra $850 for the Audi Care plan upfront when I financed my A3. So my routine service increments have been free.

In the end that Audi Care plan pays for itself, and once my car reaches near 50,000 miles or 5 years, I'm going to buy the Audi Care Extended Warranty

Lol I just called Cheshire oaks, gave them my reg ans mileage, they came back with £253.02 incl vat. I told the wife and she said "Oh Cheshire Oaks phoned you up today and said the first oil service is £230 incl vat).

Called Crewe Audi- £206.42
Liverpool Audi- £242.23

Hmmm can't edit above post, called in at Cheshire Oaks, spoke to the service manager and he said I should have been quoted £239.99 Lol. But he has agreed to match Crewe and do it for £202, plus he's giving me a TT for a few hours whilst mine is getting serviced.

Told them to make a note NOT to wash it :)

Reactions: pburv
Just had my first oil service today - 240 euro's (in Germany at the moment) and that was tax free! Just over 13000 miles at 10 months old.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
My car will be one year old in May, I have covered just under 5000 miles and the mmi check says it's due a service in 5000 miles.
Do I follow the mmi or do it yearly? If I follow the mmi another 5000 miles will take me close to May 2017

I'd follow the mmi - I could be wrong but I seem to remember the limit being 19000 miles or 2 years.

Reactions: Gas74, Chris5 and pburv
My car will be one year old in May, I have covered just under 5000 miles and the mmi check says it's due a service in 5000 miles.
Do I follow the mmi or do it yearly? If I follow the mmi another 5000 miles will take me close to May 2017
Are you planning on keeping the car? If so I would strongly recommend you service it every 12 months (fixed) or if you are parting with it in a couple of years stick to the schedule on the MMI..The reason I say every 12 months is this type of engine TFSI don't like running on old/long miles oil they tend to 'gunk' up and block oil pick up pipes..My previous A3 had an engine go 'pop' due I think to starvation of oil to the top end..This car was on 'Long Service Schedule' set by factory from new..The reason for this is to please 'fleet management' cars in keeping their costs down...If you do less than say 10,000 miles a year it is strongly recommended you addopt an annual service schedule...Sorry for the long winded post...lol:friends:

Reactions: Simon L, Chris5 and Rob2k68
I will have the car for 3/4 years so maybe a good idea to do the service every year then.
I think Audi should make this more clear as what it says on the mmi wouldn't be correct if it can cause problems running the same oil for 10000 miles which could be close to 3 years for some people.
I will maybe phone them tomorrow and see what they say about it

When u buy the car, they should ask you your anticipated annual mileage and set it accordingly.

Thats what they did with me hence Im on annual servicing.

When u buy the car, they should ask you your anticipated annual mileage and set it accordingly.

I would rather leave the service regime set to the default and then just get an oil change done elsewhere when the car needs it, rather than be held to ransom at the stealers every year....that's just my opinion of course

I would rather leave the service regime set to the default and then just get an oil change done elsewhere when the car needs it, rather than be held to ransom at the stealers every year....that's just my opinion of course
You are not obliged to have your car serviced by the main dealer..You can get it done at any garage as long as they are VAT registered and use Audi approved parts it won't affect your warranty..You can also ask your Audi dealer to set the service interval to annual..If they are reputable they shouldn't charge you for this...:friends:

Reactions: Rob2k68 and SW14NY'S

Correct..I had to ask my dealer tho. to do this (because I knew about the issue with long service schedules)...:friends:

Correct..I had to ask my dealer tho. to do this (because I knew about the issue with long service schedules)...:friends:
Tbh...thinking about it....they would have a good idea of your annual mileage from what you declare if taking out a PCP....my annual mileage is about 2-3k (PCP is set to 5k) but I have never been offered to set my service reminder to annual....interesting

Tbh...thinking about it....they would have a good idea of your annual mileage from what you declare if taking out a PCP....my annual mileage is about 2-3k (PCP is set to 5k) but I have never been offered to set my service reminder to annual....interesting
Same deal with me with the 5000 miles per annum..I had to ask for it to be re set to annual service..:blink:

Reactions: Rob2k68 and SW14NY'S
Same deal with me with the 5000 miles per annum..I had to ask for it to be re set to annual service..:blink:

In the same boat as you my friend..........do about 5-6k per year. To be honest I think anyone who doesn't have a service once a year is mugging themselves off!! I don't get why you'd have a fairly expensive car and go cheapskate on the servicing ..........:shrug:

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv and SW14NY'S
It's the first brand new car iv had so if it wasn't for this forum I would be going by what the mmi says for the service so I wouldn't quite say it's mugging myself off would just say it's not known by some

Reactions: Raul_sbd, Simon L, pburv and 1 other person
It's the first brand new car iv had so if it wasn't for this forum I would be going by what the mmi says for the service so I wouldn't quite say it's mugging myself off would just say it's not known by some
I don't think Simon was having a 'dig' at you Chris5. We are all quite friendly on here (most of the time lol).It just show's how manufacturers can mislead 'joe public' in giving them the wrong advice on how to look after the engines on your cars..Hope you enjoy your car and give it the 'tender loving care' it deserves...lol:friends:

Reactions: Chris5, SW14NY'S and Simon L
I don't think Simon was having a 'dig' at you Chris5. We are all quite friendly on here (most of the time lol).It just show's how manufacturers can mislead 'joe public' in giving them the wrong advice on how to look after the engines on your cars..Hope you enjoy your car and give it the 'tender loving care' it deserves...lol:friends:

Correct mate, I wasn't having a go at anyone which is why I quoted your post and not anyone else's :)

However, if I was to follow the MMI service interval that would likely be 2 years. I'd like to think no-one is stupid enough to wait that long for a service, regardless of oil changes?

Reactions: Chris5, pburv and SW14NY'S
Audi seem to withdraw this plan as and when they see fit... I am sure it wasn't available in march but appeared three months later at which point my car was not eligible as it was no longer "new"
Audi UK also confirmed this which was pretty annoying to be honest.

Given you can reset the oil service interval in the MMI at any time it makes sense to get the oil changed at regular intervals (I prefer to change at 9k miles, which is about 8 months) either by Audi or an indy (since Audi tend not to like doing it if the interval isn't up yet) and just reset the interval each time.

MMI will still track normal (inspection) service interval regardless of oil change service interval.

Oil change service at my indy is about £110. Audi occasionally price match, but I have no qualms at all about it being done by the indy.

Just had my first oil change and inspection service carried out at 15500 miles on my A3 saloon by Portsmouth Audi, and they price matched a local independent, so the cost was £108.44, plus £39.99 for 5 litres Shell Helix Ultra Professional, which I supplied....so well pleased! :yes:

They also updated the software for the COD which, so far, seems to have cured the slight vibrations I felt at low speeds & revs.

As a bonus, I also asked them if they could activate the dash 'needle sweep' function for me, which they did free of charge......so that's about as close as I'll get to having an S3!! :sunglasses:

I have some dilema also.. my car is nearly done 1000 miles.. then the 1rst of July will be 1 year ;) It says on mmi still 1 year or 8000 miles to the 1rst oil service. Im planing to keep the car, im not on pcp.. do you guys advise the yearly service.? also does the major service will be at 2 years or just wait til the car will be 19000 miles?

thanks for your replies ;)

I have some dilema also.. my car is nearly done 1000 miles.. then the 1rst of July will be 1 year ;) It says on mmi still 1 year or 8000 miles to the 1rst oil service. Im planing to keep the car, im not on pcp.. do you guys advise the yearly service.? also does the major service will be at 2 years or just wait til the car will be 19000 miles?

thanks for your replies ;)
If you are planning on keeping the car then certainly I would be doing the oil change every 12 months regardless of miles covered.I'm sure your Audi dealer would advise you on when it will require a major service and also if you do less than 10000 miles a year they should change the service schedule on the mmi free of charge...:friends:

i haven't even looked to see what my S3 schedule is...
it if doesn't cry for a service come august, i guess ill ask for it to be changed to annual.

sure the mrs does crazy milage in it, but i beat her up and told her she's not going in it ever again, let alone driving it to and from work!
she got the hit...hint. i meant hint.

as for the cost, all this has scared me now. . .and knowing they will wash my car with wire wool after doesn't ****** help!

I've just booked our car in at Glasgow Audi for it's first oil change and service. The lady on the phone asked me the mileage, which is just over 18.5k and said "Oh, that's the first major service then with the pollen filter, that'll be £397." I must admit, this seems a lot, especially looking at some of the other prices paid in this thread. I'm also a little confused that the first ever service is a major one. Don't get me wrong, it's getting done because it needs doing, it's just that the price seems a little skewed to me. Thoughts?

As a 'control', I've just rung Derby Audi for a quote and they came back with £419.95, and then Glasgow VW... who quoted £210!

I've just booked our car in at Glasgow Audi for it's first oil change and service. The lady on the phone asked me the mileage, which is just over 18.5k and said "Oh, that's the first major service then with the pollen filter, that'll be £397." I must admit, this seems a lot, especially looking at some of the other prices paid in this thread. I'm also a little confused that the first ever service is a major one. Don't get me wrong, it's getting done because it needs doing, it's just that the price seems a little skewed to me. Thoughts?
I'm totally confused by the entire service thing! I had my first oil service at the end of last month, 7500 miles and almost one year old, they then told me that the service intervals have recently changed, next year will be another oil change and the year after (year 3) will be the first major service.

When I got in the car I looked at the MMI:

service-jpg.80980

So the car is saying it will need an oil change in 11k miles but that you'll need to go back for a service only 300 miles afterwards???

So the car is saying it will need an oil change in 11k miles but that you'll need to go back for a service only 300 miles afterwards???
That's what I asked this year as the next service was showing less than 10 month later, they just reset it to show next year. I assume it's what they will do with the next oil change, just set the third one (main service) for a year later.