Clutch Diagnosis

CazzaVR

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Went to drive the car a few days ago after it had been stood for a couple of weeks and the clutch just felt weird. Very light, and the biting point seemed lower. Stayed the same for most of the week, then yesterday the pedal stayed on the floor. I had to lift it up with my toe. The car was then almost undriveable and didn't want to change gear. After pumping the pedal lots of times, it was much better, but gradually got worse again.

Does this sound like master cylinder, slave or the clutch itself? Car is coming up to 100K, with no documentation of a clutch change. Any idea of pricing for the different jobs? Would just want the cheapest option TBH- no upgrades.

Got the car booked into B5 on the 8th May for Powerflex rear axle bushes, but looks like I'll be getting the clutch fixed instead now :(

My clutch pedal and master cylinder went a couple weeks ago. The weld broke, which is common. If that goes though u cannot use the clutch at all. Had to drive from Birmingham to Cardiff with no clutch :O.
My guess is slave cylinder if the pedal came back from the floor and you could pump it. I may be wrong though mate. Good luck