New to Audi-Sport from NZ

Jason_NZ

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Im new to the forum, but stangely enough, a regular user of it, so I though I had better sign up.
My Name is Jason im from Christchurch New Zealand
just gotten married to my new wife we are lucky enough to have been living in our first house for 2 years now
which as an Architectural Technician I designed myself and we had it built.

I currently own a 1996 Toyota MR2 G-ltd gen4 (I love that little thing)
but sadly the time is coming to upgrade it its over 200,000 kms and is getting costly to replace everything regularly
Here it is below: (so shorlty we will be listing it for sale)
DSC05965_HQ HDR by jasonclarkphotography, on Flickr

_DSC06169_5_tone compressor_tonemapped by jasonclarkphotography, on Flickr

We are wanting to upgrade it to a 'family' car with 4 doors, but as we are both young
we are wanting to upgrade to a car that is still 'fun', quick, a bit sporty looking that I can mod nicely

After a lot of researching online and a lot of 'testdriving' on Gran Turismo 6
I have made the decision that we are after an Audi A3 (8PA) 2003-2009 5dr Sportback 3.2 Quattro

The first time I considered an A3 was when I spotted an online article a few years back about this little (2.0) beauty:
http://image.superstreetonline.com/...rp-1111-01+big-socal-gathering+project-a3.jpg
(I havent figured out your forums embedding code yet)

Ideally Im after a white one and would like to lightly modify it with some 19s and gentle RS3 facelifts
similar to that such as this beautiful little example: (I think im in love with it)
http://www.volkscarphoto.com/fullrangeaudis3/

I would like a manual one, but here in NZ we only have auto ones!!! wtf? grrr
also I would love the double moon roof one, but I have only seen 1 with a single sunroof
Im thinking about possibly importing one, I have been reading the A8/Ap forum FAQs
looking at buying in about 10 months time

But I would love to hear from any members in NZ that could give me some pointers
plus any recommendations from anyone on my particular car choice =)

Hi Jason, welcome to audi-sport.net. Look forward to you getting a new car. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Hello, just joined this great forum, it has been very helpful to me, so using it heaps, decided time to join. I have a yellow Audi s3 8L, manual which is not easy to get a manual is New Zealand. Very happy with her. Had her for just over a year now. She will stay much longer and will be joined with a another Audi next year sometime. Possibly a RS / S4
Thanks to all those person who have posted some of the most helpful advice on here.
Cheers