Rear Bumper Respray

Acuity

Reaction score
Hello all

I went to get a quote for my rear bumper respray recently as it is looking quite sorry for it self, and really spoils the car. (pics to follow)

Anyway the quote was very reasonable i thought, but i wanted to ask is the bumper in two pieces or one.

I thought it was two, as originnaly i wanted to get just the top half which had most damage, but everyone i came across for sale was in the same sort of condition so thought i would get it fixed.

The repair shop said they could sort it and hopefully fix it back better as it doesnt line up on both sides as if it may of had a knock in the past.

Also there is a section of black plastic along the bottom half which they have said they could paint too, is this a fixed piece also, there is a small gouge in that too otherwise they could of masked it off. it has this very fine strip around its edge which has a few dings too, i wonder if i should get a new piece if possible.

finaly i think its worth getting a new chrome strip which sits on the bumper below boot lid, as if i change that after will probaly will damage my nice paint.

Any advice from those who have had it done is appreciated, and the cheapest place to get the extra trims

i think the chrome strip is about £30, i think black might be nice to match the lower part

IMG 2993
IMG 2995

IMG 2996

The bumper is a 2 piece, i paid £200 for pdc's fitted and re-spray, i fitted it me self as i bought another 1.

Thanks

Do you know if the Black section in the lower half can be replaced or is it all one bit.

Ill check with audi parts department too

Thanks

hmm, im not sure if the Paint shop would remove it and re-paint matte black. theres not much wrong with it apart from a small scratch

I called Audi and it was £150 for that bit, although im not sure if that was the whole lower half or just the Black section.

Chrome trim /strip was £30 (sits on top of Bumper)

Thankyou