Watery snow foam using garden hose - would pressure washer help?

WeeDram

Reaction score
I've been using CG Honeydew Snow Foam Auto Wash with the CG snow gun connected to a garden hose that has decent pressure but nothing special. The resulting foam is rather watery, nothing like the shaving cream coating you see in most snow foam photos. I'm still messing with the settings but wondering if you chaps get thicker foam using a pressure washer? Or perhaps I need to REDUCE the water flow from the hose. Any advice?

I suspect you already know the answer. :) You'll need a pressure washer to get thicker foam. It just doesn't really work properly with a normal hose. If you don't have a PW or indeed don't have a PW foam lance I'd try Citrus pre wash instead with a strong hosing off afterwards. This will be cheaper than buying a bunch of new kit.

Foam is fun, but Citrus pre wash works just as well. See

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/valetpro-citrus-pre-wash.242204/

Thanks for the advice. I have a PW but wasn't sure if forcing more high pressure water through the soap reservoir would make it even more watery, plus it's a chore to set up the PW for every wash. I'll give it a try though, and once the bottle is finished I might switch to citrus for a change.