Audi a3 1.8t sport

Nath140889

Reaction score
Right this has puzzled me for a while now, i have a 1998 a3 1.8t sport, and it has always done two wheel wheel spins and if on ice both wheels span up, was under it changing the brakes today and noticed if i span one wheel forwards the otherside would rotate in the same direction, as far as im aware this car is standrd bar ugly alloys and a barely stainless steel cat back system, so i dout anyone shelled out for a lsd fitting, so did any of these cars come from the factory with an lsd fitted or is it some kind of electronic traction control, my cars an agu bu the way cable throttle

Thats what i thought, is there any kind of special electronic diffs in these? I just find it hard to believe past owners would have fitted a lsd yet the rear brakes looked like the original 17 year old items so hasnt been maintained brilliantly , but saying that it has a downpipe back full custom cobra sport exhaust and what was once expensive light weight wheels.

No special mechanical/electrical anything in them... EDL uses the ABS controller and brakes to control wheel spin at low speeds...explains it in the link I posted

<tuffty/>