PSI for 19"

Djwoody

Reaction score
What pressure do all of you put in your tyres?
I have a 3.0 TDI with 255/35/19.

I know there is a recommended pressure on the door sticker but was just wondering experiences you have had?
Remember someone saying 40psi all round is good

Chris

I keep my car at 36 all round as anything more is far too hard. I sometimes put up to 38 if got
Boot filled with parts...

I'm on 255/35/19 cc3.

I tried 40psi for week, 38psi for week and 36psi for week and the 36 was winner.

Reactions: Djwoody
I have 39 all round and it feels 'nice' plus gives me a good mpg. Any more and it feels a bit too light for my preference

FYI. If your car suffers from the too-light steering that causes constant corrections when driving in a straight line, the pressures I mentioned above "F35-R32" reduce this effect.

Reactions: knight92
Interesting as I would of thought that's rather low, not that I'm an expert. For info I have michelin pilot sport 3 255/35/19

What's your mpg like on those pressures do you know? I have the 2.0 TDI (170) and get 48mpg on a long drive at about 70.

My mpg has remained consistant with tyre pressures between 30 and 45,

I had settled on 36/33, but after checking tyres when they were taken off for winter they were very very slightly worn down a bit more in the middle of each tyre. This suggests they are still a litttle bit over inflated, I'm dropping a them one psi this year.

They feel fine, still hard feeling to me, but better on the motorway and they feel great when I'm having fun with the over-steer capabilities of my car.

My door card states 42 for the fronts, it is a joke at that pressure and will not drive in a straight line. Check the tyre websites, they suggest 36 for mine. My car is the 3.0ltr with 255/35/19 so smaller, lighter engines might need even lower presssures.

My particular vehicle is obviously sensitve to tyres, tyre pressures etc. It may make liitle to no difference on other cars, but if you have issues try experimenting. I did the same with the winter tyres and they work better with higher pressures!.

Reactions: knight92