Advice on Vehicle Speed Sensor

Kerryman

Reaction score
Hey all,

Been a long time lurker of the forum which has helped alot in sorting out some issues with my standard '99 apy S3 but I have a weird problem since I replaced the VSS and Im hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I bought my S3 with the speedo/odometer not working, I scanned with vcds which confirmed "vss :implausible signal P0501 - no indication on display".
I replaced the VSS with a genuine Audi part and cleared the DTC which resolved the speedo/odometer problem but now the S3 has a very noticeable hesitation or loss of boost especially from 3rd - 6th gear. She accelerates\boosts as normal for a split second and then the boost completely drops off but sometimes returns If I continue accelerating almost as if it was dirty petrol. If I disconnect the vss the car returns to pulling like a train without hesitation.

VCDS displays no error codes with the vss connected with the hesitation\loss of boost.

Could this be a faulty VSS causing the hesitation ?

Thanks in advance

i've not experienced a vss loss to cause engine interrruption on conversion cars I've had come through here.

does your vss fault come up in engine and instruments still?