Grinding noise triggered when turning right!!!

Kammykazee

Reaction score
My problem seems to be a very strange one and one that two local mechanics have been unable to diagnose.

While turning right and under heavy acceleration I seem to trigger a loud grinding noise which Is still there even when I come to a stop. The noise stays for up to an hour then it seems to correct itself. The other strange thing is I cannot hear the noise outside the vehicle with the bonnet open. The noise is most apparent from inside the vehicle. Both mechanics used a stethoscope on the transmission, engine and turbo but it was none of those.

I would be really grateful if someone can point me in the right direction.

Sorry forgot to mention, the car is a 2.0 tdi 170.

Someone please help :sos:

My A4 makes a groaning noise when turning on full lock at a slow speed when the tyre tread is low. You can feel the steering wheel vibrating when it does this.

Not sure if your issue is related but it might be worth checking your tyre treads

My A4 makes a groaning noise when turning on full lock at a slow speed when the tyre tread is low. You can feel the steering wheel vibrating when it does this.

Not sure if your issue is related but it might be worth checking your tyre treads

My tyres are only a month old and like I said once the noise is triggered its there even when stationary.