Tyres and wheels help please.

Compkiler

Reaction score
Hey lads, i have a few questions with regards wheel sizes and tyre sizes to suit.
Could you PM me please if you know a lot on this subject and about stretching tyres plz :)
I havent a clue so need some advice ;-)

What'd you need to know?

Slight stretch, wide wheels, lower offset etc..

Ok, stupid question... :think:

Having no clue what so ever regarding wheels and suspension set ups... i have 18'' standard wheels on my S3 with brand new Goodyear F1s all round but am thinking about maybe a nice set of wider wheels to fill the gaps! Have i just wasted my money on the 18'' tyres ??
Id probably have to go 19'' to fill the gaps and have a more wider set up?
Squat looking :-D

If you buy 19" wheels then yeah, you could get a decent set of 18s that are wider than standard and use the same tyres though.

As said 18" tyres are no good if you buy 19" wheels. However, you can buy 18" wheels which are 8J wide rather than the factory 7.5J and that have a lower offset than factory. Factory offset is ET54 but anything up to ET45 with 8J won't rub. That way you can still use the tyres that you have.

But will they look as good and fit good in the arches on just 18''?

Mine are 18's 8.5j with 225 45 profile and an offset of et45. You can decide if it fills the arches enough.

However, if you go 19's the ride will be ruined.

I've been looking at those stuttgarts too,not a bad looking wheel,they do a couple of different finishes too.

Reactions: Compkiler
And I'll add that it's not reccomended to have staggered wheel setups as the Quattro doesn't like it.