Audi guys Help Help ASAP

jaceyq

Reaction score
Hi guys I 've got A4 sline 07 automatic done 43k on the clock and driven with care and taken care off . But lately I hearing lil knocking noise at slower speed when hitting the bumps . Took it to several mechanics to see what and where the noise coming from first on said left upper rear arm and the both track rod ends . So went by the other 2 and they pull me under the car to listen to the noise under the gear box when turning or spinning the wheel front or back . What noise can that be coming from the gear box and what can I do or where should I start looking for second hand or cheap rebuild .
LET ME
KNOW THANKS

Could be lots of things knocking there but if you've already been to a garage I would of thought their diagnosis should be accurate. 3rd. opinion may be required and see if it's the same as the first two, that should confirm what needs replacing.
I'm no good with autoboxes but the CV joints are known to knock on full lock at slow speed as do the track rod ends.
43K miles is not a lot of miles for these parts to go wrong but if you live and drive in an urban environment with lots of full lock used in parking and bumping up and down kerbs, that wears the track rod ends and CV joints out quicker than normal.