New A6 MMI Connect issues

gc6269

Reaction score
Hello Chaps,

First time poster. I picked up an A6 Avant 3.0 Black Edition the first the other day and very pleased I am too.

I'll post pics up tomorrow when it stops ****** raining!

In the meantime I wonder if anyone can help me? I've gone for the upgraded nav package and I'm attempting to get the data working. I've bought a contract data only sim on Tesco Mobile, put it in the SIM slot, registered on myaudi, entered the pin into the car and all I'm getting is: the server is not responding, please try again.

The SIM is showing on the sat nav and connection shows as good.

Any ideas? It's driving me bonkers!

Have you tried the telephone/ settings/ data connection? You may need to manually set your APN up there.

Thanks Dave, I entered the details from the Tesco site but still get the same message, "there was a problem commecting to the server, please try again later"

:tapedshut:

Are you able to use services that don't require login. Such as online traffic, Google earth/street view and music stream?

I can't get anything, the sim shows up on the display but the word Google next to the sim display is greyed out.

In the Audi Connect menu, have you tried "Settings" and there should be a setting for Online MMI or something like that?

Turns out the SIM card wasn't initialised, whatever that means. Why they let me leave without sorting it is beyond me.

Anyway, thanks for the replies. Everything now seems to be working.

Maybe you can help me in return? Have you linked Audi Connect to a Facebook account?
If so, are you able to view your news feed/messages or do you get an error message?
Thanks

I'm not on Facebook mate, I'm going to try and link Twitter though so I'll let you know how I get on.

Reactions: woollyjoe
gc6269 love the look of the car... I had Daytona Grey on my last one (fancied a change to blue this time), I bet it goes like a rocket.
Appreciate you had SIM challenges with Tesco not activating the SIM, but this whole issue of being reliant on the rSAP protocol and only SOME mobile phones working is a pain. Looks like I will have to get a SIM convertor and take the SIM out of my iPhone and insert it into the car SIM slot EVERY time I want to use the extra services that I've paid for with the Tech Pack(!) like Google Earth Sat Nav, Street View etc... Sounds like you got a reasonable deal with Tescos, but that's still £10 a month isn't it? all extra... what sort of data usage are you seeing? Does a 1Gb allowance cover it, or I suppose completely dependent on how much Google Earth based sat nav driving we do...
Pete

gc6269 love the look of the car... I had Daytona Grey on my last one (fancied a change to blue this time), I bet it goes like a rocket.
Appreciate you had SIM challenges with Tesco not activating the SIM, but this whole issue of being reliant on the rSAP protocol and only SOME mobile phones working is a pain. Looks like I will have to get a SIM convertor and take the SIM out of my iPhone and insert it into the car SIM slot EVERY time I want to use the extra services that I've paid for with the Tech Pack(!) like Google Earth Sat Nav, Street View etc... Sounds like you got a reasonable deal with Tescos, but that's still £10 a month isn't it? all extra... what sort of data usage are you seeing? Does a 1Gb allowance cover it, or I suppose completely dependent on how much Google Earth based sat nav driving we do...
Pete
You will need an adaptor to take the micro or nano SIM from your iPhone to a full sized SIM. Also be aware that any text messages received to the SIM whilst it is in the car will be stored in the car and then not be available when you put the SIM back in the phone. Also iMessages will be received as text messages

Reactions: PeteBSK
You will need an adaptor to take the micro or nano SIM from your iPhone to a full sized SIM. Also be aware that any text messages received to the SIM whilst it is in the car will be stored in the car and then not be available when you put the SIM back in the phone. Also iMessages will be received as text messages
Yep bought an adaptor on Amazon for £2.99, but I see that the way most of these adaptors work is that the Nano (or Micro) SIM will sit on the underside of the adaptor when you insert it into the car slot... it's a snug fit now, but that'll surely loosen up after good few swap-overs? Then <gulp> what happens if the SIM falls out of the adaptor when in the car slot? I think that the best solution is to bite the bullet and just get one of these tablet SIMs (data only, no SMS or voice) on contract - cheapest way - and have that in the car permanently. I've bought a prepay one over the weekend and will see how much data I actually use each month - I guess the biggest data use will be Google Earth imagery (actually, or online map updates!)? According to the manual, up to 2Gb of Google Earth images are stored in the car, preventing the need to re-download...

Car envy. Lovely wax job and pictures too.

The sim adaptors are free in any O2 store. Come in a pack for all sizes.