Dent removal recomendations please

SDHA4SLine

Reaction score
Hi all,

Been subjected to yet another car park dent in the rear quarter panel and wanted to have it removed if possible. I know there are many mobile dent removal firms around but I doubt they're all the same standard. Can anyone recommend a mobile dent removal service the covers either CV21 (rugby) or B90 ( Solihull)?

Thanks
Steve

sorry to hear this steve but its an all too common occurrence these days , I adopted a different approach to car parks a while back , moreso the big supermarket ones as I don't use mutlistorey or other ones anyway.
I suffered a continual spate of dings on both doors from our local Sainsbury's , then they decided to make more spaces in the car park by reducing the bays in size by even more, needless to say the dings increased.
Now I look for two free bays together then park in the middle of them that way there is less likely hood of bodywork contact, and if its pay and display I buy two tickets one of each bay.
A few times a guy has come out from the store and said I was wasting a bay, I then told him politely the factsof life in regards to car paking damage and unless they want me to take legal action action them for it all due to their badly designed layout and parking space sizing then go away, he did and I've had no issues since.

The problem is made worse by the fact they all decline any liability for damage caused, but, if you took them to court you'd have a good case for claiming damage due to the fact that they haven't provided sufficient space between cars etc to avoid any possible damage occurring in the first place, anyway sad to hear of the damage to great car steve and there are plenty of mobile services around covering all areas and bound to be one near you that will do a decent job.

Yeah it's a real bummer, I always try to park at the end of a row to get more space or park between two of the best cars I can find thinking the owners would be as careful as me. As hard as I try there's always one that doesn't give two hoots or is just clumsy:mad:

I just find it hard to trust any trade these days what with my brakes screwing up again, lacquer coming of newly resprayed bumper, numerous garages not picking up faults with my car not to mention every single time someone works on it they manage to get oil on the roof liner and drivers side a/b pillars and not being able to reassemble the front end properly ( I always have to tell them how to fit wheel arch liners and bottom of front bumper where it attaches to the wings) :think:

its a sad but all to common situation these days, very few trade services have any real interest in customer quality work etc, sad but that's life these days.

Well I'm very suprised by the paint shop as they have a very very good reputation. Lots of show cars but mainly vw. They have offered to respray but I'm not sure I wnt them doing it again based on how they reassembled it last time. If @Craig Cull wasnt so far away from me I would be using him. I may still do so just a pita to get car to him then collect again.

Reactions: Craig Cull
Well I'm very suprised by the paint shop as they have a very very good reputation. Lots of show cars but mainly vw. They have offered to respray but I'm not sure I wnt them doing it again based on how they reassembled it last time. If @Craig Cull wasnt so far away from me I would be using him. I may still do so just a pita to get car to him then collect again.
It's a pain when someone damages your car and as above, not really many places share the same personal touch that you as an ethusiast require.
I know I'm not round the corner from you unfortunately, but I can definitely offer the personal touch to your car if you get stuck. I'm moving into Leeds City centre so dropping you off at Leeds train station wouldn't be an issue. Just part of the service we like to offer. :)

It's a pain when someone damages your car and as above, not really many places share the same personal touch that you as an ethusiast require.
I know I'm not round the corner from you unfortunately, but I can definitely offer the personal touch to your car if you get stuck. I'm moving into Leeds City centre so dropping you off at Leeds train station wouldn't be an issue. Just part of the service we like to offer. :)
When are you moving Craig? This just may make things easier for me:) last hurdle is persuading my wife to let me throw yet more money at the car:p

When are you moving Craig? This just may make things easier for me:) last hurdle is persuading my wife to let me throw yet more money at the car:p
The moves started mate, having the spray booth installed this week so we should be fully up and running by the end of the month latest.

Steve, I'll certainly second Kev, he is the godfather of dent removal. Havent spoken to him in ages tho, I guess he's still working the craft.

Reactions: A3-Lee
Steve, I'll certainly second Kev, he is the godfather of dent removal. Havent spoken to him in ages tho, I guess he's still working the craft.
just called him unfortunately he's only dent removal and I need that plus paint :(

Deal. Let me know when your up, I can have a gander at the rails while they're on the car then

It'll be a while and not 100% certain but I will give you a shout when/if im up there

starting to think I'm a marked man, another new dent today. Luckily it's only very minor but still a friggin annoyance :mad::mad::mad:

On a brighter note had a good chat with Craig cull today, what a totally honest and good old chap he is. He was so honest he may have talked himself (temporarily at least) out of a job. Thanks for advice today Craig much appreciated, it's nice to know there are some genuine trustworth tradesmen out there :)

Reactions: Craig Cull
starting to think I'm a marked man, another new dent today. Luckily it's only very minor but still a friggin annoyance :mad::mad::mad:

On a brighter note had a good chat with Craig cull today, what a totally honest and good old chap he is. He was so honest he may have talked himself (temporarily at least) out of a job. Thanks for advice today Craig much appreciated, it's nice to know there are some genuine trustworth tradesmen out there :)
As much as I do want your work, I'd rather be honest with the outcome as I take alot of pride in what I do.
You would probably find I could solve the problem, but I like to inform on the worst case scenario.
Glad I could help, even though I'm a job down