S3 footrest

Audi being lazy when doing a rhd conversion - I was pretty annoyed with it being missing!

Yep I agree but I guess us RHD nations are rather outnumbered by LHD! So we get none of these nice things and often get fuse boxes in our glove boxes where the manufacturer can't be bothered to swap to the other side.

I wonder how much modification it would take to get the dead pedal cover from an A6 to fit? Found these on ebay, a bit pricey but I expect if I went to Audi I could get just the dead pedal cover for a lower price.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-A...140?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3f48d397bc

Whilst some of the aftermarket ones people have fitted look ok, I would only be happy with one that totally matches the the other pedals, I'm a bit OCD!

sorry mate but that dead pedal looks pants lol thanks anyway ;)

Not sure if the S3 has the same dead pedal arrangement as the MK7 Golf, but I got this from Aliexpress about 5 months ago for my GTD, and is a dead ringer for the sports pedals. Don't know if this helps ?

Note - It is slightly narrower than the wider DSG original version (I think this is the same width as the dead pedal for a manual car), but it fits perfectly and works fine all the same).

i think if you compare the shape with the one in my thread above you will see that it is a different shape so I doubt that it will fit.

Actually, in your build thread, that one looks identical to the one I previously had in my GTD. It looked just like that but obviously black plastic. As I said the DSG version footrest is wider than the manual version, so the new one is a bit slimmer, but fitted perfectly.

For info, here's a pic of my interior just after detailing it when I first took delivery in Sept 2013

From that picture I agree - it does look the same! Result if it is as it does look a better match than mine. Do you have a link to the Aliexpress one?

No doubt the RS will have a good looking dead pedal. However it will cost bonkers money due to the RS tax.

Forgive me if I'm talking bull here but I could have sworn the S3 saloon I test drove had the footrest?

Reactions: Jassyo06
Will this fit the s3 manual then do we think ?

Not 100% sure - just trying to help you guys out (if you are willing to accept help from an owner of a lesser brand :D:D:D)

What are we talking about here? Are we on about the footrest at the side of the clutch pedal, because mine has got one ??

Yes but the UK versions of S3 have them in black plastic whereas our LHD friends get a nice one in stainless/alloy which matches the other pedals. But it's a "nice to have" but about as important as mono pur ......

Anyone with manual car think this would work?don't have my s3 yet but it looks good to me if it will work

Yes but the UK versions of S3 have them in black plastic whereas our LHD friends get a nice one in stainless/alloy which matches the other pedals. But it's a "nice to have" but about as important as mono pur ......

Sorry I don't want to doubt members who have the obvious advantage of already owning their S3's but are we talking about the pedal pictured here?

au018912.jpg

......because me (and more importantly my missus who has a far better memory than I have!) are fairly sure the demo car we drove had one of those.

Reactions: Jassyo06
I'm so confused! I thought you couldn't get a metal dead pedal cover for the RHD A3/S3?

Sorry I don't want to doubt members who have the obvious advantage of already owning their S3's but are we talking about the pedal pictured here?

au018912.jpg

......because me (and more importantly my missus who has a far better memory than I have!) are fairly sure the demo car we drove had one of those.

Hmm! I think the Autoexpress image has been flipped to simulate a RHD car. The shape of the footrest could not be as per the picture because of the centre console. Unless Audi have changed things for MY2016 I am 90% certain that RHD S3 models do not have this stainless/alloy cover.

Reactions: veeeight
When I purchased my Stainless steel pedal covers the the fitting manual covered off how to fit them. It also showed you how to fit the stainless steel footrest to a LHD car. No mention on how to it to a RHD car. From this I assumed that there isn't one.

Not sure if the S3 has the same dead pedal arrangement as the MK7 Golf, but I got this from Aliexpress about 5 months ago for my GTD, and is a dead ringer for the sports pedals. Don't know if this helps ?

Note - It is slightly narrower than the wider DSG original version (I think this is the same width as the dead pedal for a manual car), but it fits perfectly and works fine all the same).

........how do these fit please?. I'm very tempted to get one. Thanks in advance.

Osr do one

Around £70

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk