Engineer question - re bore wheel adaptor

matt.russell

Reaction score
I have wheel adpators that are 5x112 to 5x120 with centre bore as 57.1mm.. the audi centre bore is 66.6mm when i take my adpators to the workshop do i ask them to re bore them to 66.6mm ??? or a little bigger to fit over 66.6mm on the cars centre hub ??? (i know its a stupid question but I really don't want to take it back again because it doesn't fit)

Thanks

The centre bore is the size of the hole in the wheel, so you need to ask them to match that, if you ask for bigger you'll have more play.

Alternatively take the car to the shop and have them measure one of the hubs so they can make it perfect.

Are the adapters flat or do they have a bit sticking out for the wheel to locate onto, just like the hub?

they are flat so .. they sit on flush with the hub.. like in this picture..
HandRWheelSpacerGraphic.jpg

I think the clue is in the title, "bore size". Its only the wheel that gets bored, if the bore size of the wheel is 66.6mm the flange on the hub will have to be a "fraction" smaller, and it will have a dimension but it's not a bore size.

The workshop should would work it out from the adaptor, each one has a "bored" recess AND a hub flange. If you put two hubs to gether, one will be acting just like wheel the other like the hub.

Of course, your 120 converters probably have another bore size? just leave them an Audi wheel instead.

Last edited:
they are flat so .. they sit on flush with the hub.. like in this picture..

But they are not flat spacers! That's my point, you will end up removing the part that supports the wheel. It's not the wheel studs that centre the wheel, its the spigot in the middle of the hub/spacer.

I didn't explain very well.. I'm not changing the width of them I want the centre hole of the adaptor bigger .. So they slide onto the cars hub so it will still have the centre lip ... it doesn't matter now ive been to a workshop yesturday and he said it might be to risky so i'm going to get some made up by a local place...