A4 Quattro pulls to the left when braking harsly

KudoWarrior

Reaction score
Since I painted my calipers I noticed that the car pulls a little bit to the left when I brake harsly.

I was thinking perhaps it has something to do the calipers being painted, perhaps the wiring that is around the calipers? (Yes I painted the thick ones).

Any ideas?

First thing I would think/check is that you got all wheels seated and torqued up correctly when you put back together and that you didn't get a front and rear swapped on one side ?

First thing I would think/check is that you got all wheels seated and torqued up correctly when you put back together and that you didn't get a front and rear swapped on one side ?
Oh, don't tell me I did that. I was doing front and back of each side so I may have actually done that...

Would that really be an issue?

If you have different tread depth/wear/pattern between the fronts and rears then swapping one side could potentially cause a pull under braking particularly on the front. Just a thought.

Check your tyre pressures.

Or don't brake harshly ;)

If you have different tread depth/wear/pattern between the fronts and rears then swapping one side could potentially cause a pull under braking particularly on the front. Just a thought.

Tyres are the same, which is why I was surprised when you mentioned it.

Check your tyre pressures.

Or don't brake harshly ;)

Can't always make the lights ;)
I'll check the pressures tomorrow. Cheers.