Are AMD the best?

Smirky

Reaction score
Just wondering if AMD are the best for remapping gonna be having a bit of work done exhaust map service etc and it's quite a trek about 2hrs about equal distance from rtech,curious as to what the concesnus is as to who's the best?

I'm guessing you mean AMDtuning at Lakeside.

Here's what I can say......both have a good forum reputation,and that's one of the most important things a tuner can have,as you know people here will post up the good,the bad and the downright ugly about anything.

I don't have any experience of R-Tech,so I'll leave that to someone else,but AMDTuning have served me very well over quite a few years now,and built my car from a stock vehicle to Stg4 with Revo software,including top and bottom end rebuilds,to a standard that another tuner described as a very good spec indeed.

I now need not only AMDTuning for my local work,but also Storm Developments for ECU and other work,so I can recommend both wholeheartedly.

Sorry should have put amd tuning really but yeah that's who I meant ,thanks for your input I'll take it on board and could be going for a jolly up good old Essex

R-tech simple he can get out of it what others can't

Pick whichever can offer what you need and has plenty of good feedback plus those recommendations with personal experience.

A custom map can give you more options sometimes but that will be an individual choice.

quite liking the reviews for AMD Just got a quality email off them too,first tine ever actually looking forward to my service being due :)

Reactions: S3Alex
AMD are reliable, their mechanics are good and have high standards.

They offer good customer service and aftersales, they'll always provide honest answers to any questions and they supply the best hardware on the market today.

Depending on what you're having done, a 2 hour drive may be a little excessive.

AMD are reliable, their mechanics are good and have high standards.

They offer good customer service and aftersales, they'll always provide honest answers to any questions and they supply the best hardware on the market today.

Depending on what you're having done, a 2 hour drive may be a little excessive.
Cheers for the reply,
It will be service remap and exhaust fitted possible m.o.t depending when I have it done

I have recently looked into a remap for my 2.0tfsi. I am based in Yorkshire so did not consider AMD Essex.
I went for R-tech as they have an excellent reputation with numerous positive reviews and the cost at £290 includes appropriate inspections pre/post tune and rolling road. They met what I am looking for. I will find out in June whether I will be another happy customer. I doubt I will be disappointed based on my research.
I also read good stuff about Unicorn on the wrong side of the Pennines. But went with R-tech in the end.
R-Tech are reliable, their tuners have a fine reputation, are good and have high standards.They offer good customer service and aftersales, they'll always provide honest answers to any questions and with a bit of surfing you will see that their maps are highly praised.

Bottom line is both will offer you excellent service. And I doubt you would make a wrong decision choosing between the two.
Make your own mind up based on what matters to you. If you chose R-tech then you wont get in for a month, so that could easily be a deal-breaker.