New S3 SB Order - Anything I have missed?

I've just had a look at some pics on Google images, and it looks like the Pano sunroof is no bigger than a standard sunroof. Is there a glass section behind the part that tilts/slides to allow light in to the rear of the car too?

If anyone has some clearer pics they can upload I'd really appreciate it.

Hill hold assist - waste of time!!! And money!!!

Unless you find yourself stuck in traffic on a hill.

Next you'll be saying that mono.pur isn't the most essential extra...

IMAG0553
IMAG0649
IMAG0538
I've just had a look at some pics on Google images, and it looks like the Pano sunroof is no bigger than a standard sunroof. Is there a glass section behind the part that tilts/slides to allow light in to the rear of the car too?

If anyone has some clearer pics they can upload I'd really appreciate it.

Its not as large as a Panroof that fills up most of the roof space,its more like a very large Sunroof,but looks awesome from the outside,it can be be tilted by the remote or closed by the remote,it has a mesh sunblind that is manually moved

Last edited:
Reactions: S3inSE21
They all help residuals and to sell the car faster...
+1 on sunroof - it is huge for hatchback and makes it special.
+1 on B&O - come a long way and they use sealed woofer units so you don't sound like a chav from outside.
+1 on mono pur - premium feel, just shame it's not leather.
Electric seats are a big resale pull, especially when you consider another 3 years from now (and the Golf R can't be specc'd with elec seats)

Unless you find yourself stuck in traffic on a hill.

Next you'll be saying that mono.pur isn't the most essential extra...

Been in traffic on a hill plenty of times, the s-tronic always holds, and for steeper hills I just put the EPB on, then to pull off I simply press the accelerator, never ever rolled back or stalled - not sure it's even possible with s-tronic. For a manual yes it's probably worth it.

And no I like the mono.pur, looks a thousand times better than standard.

View attachment 59671 View attachment 59672 View attachment 59673

Its not as large as a Panroof that fills up most of the roof space,its more like a very large Sunroof,but looks awesome from the outside,it can be be tilted by the remote or closed by the remote,it has a mesh sunblind that is manually moved

Thanks for the pics - very helpful. We have gone for an all black interior, so a sunroof would obviously help brighten things up a bit. I do think it's a bit of a cheek for Audi to call it a "panoramic" roof, when it's obviously not a true panoramic roof, but I guess that's pesky Germans for you. Will have to discuss it with the OH when she gets back from Germany this evening.

As for resale value, that's not really an issue. We might sell it in a few years, but a few hundred quid here or there really makes no difference in the grand scheme of things.

Reactions: Jassyo06