More power!!

adjturbo

Reaction score
Hi, just wondered if i could get a few peeps opinions on how to squeeze more power out of my A3 TS. I was considering REVO (until reading the 'problems with Revo' thread /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif), then get a CAI induction kit, forge DV and new wastegate control (the 'H' variation i believe is the one of choice with most mk4 golf owners) from my Local Audi Steeler. Even tho i had my last car chipped by Oettinger and Miltek cat back system fitted by AMD, i didnt hav it long enuf to look into anything else so i am relitively new to turbo tuning. Any advice would be grately appreciated.

You say Audi stealer, but don't dismiss that some of the best tuning solutions come from the Audi and are extremely cheap, for instance the RS6 DV, S3 strut brace, clear side repeaters, polo wipers, to name but a few. You will feel hurt and raped by the service section at the stealer, but for parts they will be gentle at times and other times they'll rape you blind.

Hi Fr0gR
how u doin? The strut brace was a shade under £50 from my local Audi dealer, speak to drill on this frorum for pics and fitting instructions. Make sure u check the brace when u pick it up from Audi as they supplied me with a brace for a TT /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif (ee S3 strut brace thread on the Marketplace forum)
The RS6 DV is about £55 from audi, again ask drill about this as he has 1 on his TQ. I hav spoke to quite a few tuners whos opinions vary on this DV. personally i am goin to go with an after market DV, like AMD's Viper (see group buys if u want a cheap 1), Forge or Hyperboost.
With regards to your miltek query, i had a cat back system fitted by AMD on my Mkiv Golf GTI, it looked great, sounded nice (not boomy or boy racer'ish) and the workmanship was top notch. Have a look at there website www.auto-amd.com for prices. Also they can do u a custom remap. im taken mine down there in about a month. Hope this helps.
Take it easy.

Just a heads up, as I'm on vacation in the States at the moment. I've yet to bring my reference pics over to the new Gallery, so they are still at the "OTHER" site. As for the RS6 DV, I mainly got it to handle the extra boost post-chip, until I could get an aftermarket (the RS6 DV was only 30 Euros from my local dealer in Germany). Since John hooked us up with the sweet AMD group buy, I've now got a shiny new (Blue) AMD Viper DV just waiting for me to come home and install /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Gambba, so how do we get some of you guys into GIAC chips. Who is game enough to have a GIAC chip installed. I wont go into a speal about GIAC because if you frequent the forums you will have come across GIAC.

Its true GIAC aren't represented in the UK, thats a real pitty because it a great product. Well if anyone is keen enough to bight the bullet and do a GIAC chip, you know how to contact me. It would be good to see a few UK runners with GIAC.

Wal, I think you may always feel a bit reluctent to go with a GIAC chip unless there is someone to support it atleast in the same country, but I'm sure if there was a UK distributor then it would not be long before they would be talked about in the same sentance as AMD, APR, Jabbasport and Revo....

Would the software be any different between Oz/US and Europe? I'm figuring it would be, as APR offer different packages to the US guys than they do in the UK I believe, but maybe I'm wrong.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

P.S. You'll never be able to pry me away from my Oettinger chip....unless you send me another ECU with the GIAC chip and then I would be happy to test /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif