LED Number Plate Bulbs - Audi A3 2008 (57) Sportback

A3.RICH

Reaction score
Hi All,

I decided to change my rear number plate bulbs for some white LED bulbs as I prefer the look.

Unfortunately I went into Halfords and discussed with them about this idea and they suggested to buy some 'Cheap' bulbs from eBay, as the ones they had in stock would not work in my car.

Following this I went ahead and ordered the bulbs. Unfortunately when I tried them in my car they don't seem to work along side one another. Only one seems to work at a time alongside one of the original bulbs.

I took it into a local car electronics shop and they said this was due to the low power of the LED Bulbs and that the car would not recognise them as actually being a bulb.

I went ahead and also purchased some resistors as apparently these may be of help. But my fear is this means therefore going into the wiring of the lights, and this is something I am hoping to try and avoid at all costs if at all possible.

Please could somebody advise where I can get some bulbs which will work, and or if there is another solution.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I've got these LED number plate units -

Amazon product

They have the resistors built in so don't through any errors. Had them in since the beginning of the year and they have worked perfectly. easy to fit. Would recommend them!