New To The 8P Model.. Stage 1 Questions

AudiLondon

Reaction score
Hello People,

Im over from the 8L side :) I have just purchased a 55 Reg Audi 2.0TFSI (Not S3 or quattro)

I want to get a remap and would like to no what people recommend getting changed for stage 1.

Induction Kit?
Divertor Valve?
Silicone Hoses?
Intercooler?
Exhaust System?

All of your trial and error knowledge would be much apprecciated!!

Also my Emission control light came on last night but has since turned off. My mate is coming down tonight to see if we can read some codes off the car so I will no doubt need the help from here again to reference the codes if any show up.

Sam.. :respekt:

For just a stage 1, no hardware upgrades are needed unless you have any parts that fail... DV normally bites the dust first after a remap so you can upgrade that now or when it fails to the newer revisions (G or D I think)! For stage 2 it'd be a cold air intake and turbo back exhaust and then 2+ you'd need to add a hpfp... And intercooler to avoid heatsoak on warm days if youl be thrashing it for prolonged periods.

Stage 1 is for a completely standard car, and is about 240hp. If you think that you will want more than that, get a turbo back exhaust, hpfp and then go stage 2 for 260-280hp.

Ahh I was looking at the itg maxogen air intake but at 360 pounds If it is not needed at this stage then I will avoid and just upgrade the divertor valve to save the hassle down the line.

The codes that came up were:

P3138 - Variable intake manifold, switchover valve; regulation difference - permanent
P2008 - Intake manifold throttle - permanent
P3137 - Variable intake manifold, switchover valve,; basic setting not carried out - intermittent
P0642 - Sensor reference voltage A circuit Low - intermittent

Im not to sure what these mean, I have cleared the codes and take the car for a drive. The codes have not came up again but will check again tomorrow. If anyone could tell me what these codes may mean it would be much appreciated.

I am going to set up a new thread with a title relevant to the question though.