Cheap Cruise Control !

craigbeal

Reaction score
So I took a chance and bought a ACC stalk for my 2009 S-Line A4 b8 2.0tfsi with multi function wheel with them being cheeper.

The part number i bought off eBay was 8K0 953 502 BE which as i understand is a ACC Cruise stalk but as i figured would be identical to the 8K0 953 502 BD but would have a redundant distance toggle on the top of the cruise stalk itself.

So swapped out for my standard stalks and activated standard cruise control under Controllers 01 & 16 on VCDS and then cleared the fault codes that popped up and showing the EPC light from swapping over and now works works great :)

I cut the bottom cowling with some basic measuring to allow room for the new stalk.

Thought this might be of interest as this unit cost £60 total to delivered and to fit from eBay where as the BD version cost upward of £140 normally from looking about.

FullSizeRender
IMG 2981
IMG 2983

Reactions: xpoweruk
Nice one, Craig.
Point to note, the BD (std cruise) and BE (adaptive cruise) are both for saloon, and do not have the rear wash/wipe function. (It's obvious from the pictures, but I didn't take proper note when I picked up a cheapie for my avant)
Wiring is the same, but the switch action is blocked against moving to that place.

B7 had better system, where cruise switch could be added to the switch cluster. This unified switch is a right challenge to mod!

I changed mine also. My car is a non-facelift, but I fitted 8R0953568R set to it.
Only coding what was needed in addition to the original posting, was the steering wheel angle calibration.