New on here need help

KieranBlackA3

Reaction score
For some reason I posted this exact thread on the newbie section but was moved to another thread but cannot find it, so thought I would tryout on here, so here it goes

Have been an A3 owner for over a year and a half now, iv started to do it up a little now and need some advice.

So far iv remapped it, tinted windows, tinted lights, installed touch screen sat nav, boot build (chavvy but I like the bass) and alloys are in process of being resprayed Aston grey, iv ordered JOM coilovers as iv read on here that they are the best budget coilovers to get ? Also ordered front splitter, press plates on their way too, already upgraded the lights to HID, led number plate lights etc..

So my questions are that the coilovers state that they can go 70 mm lower than standard, has anyone on here got a similar car that low so I can see how low it really is? And wheels, I'll be keeping the wheels I got on there now for abit but was thinking of getting another set (one for summer, one for winter)

Any help and ideas on what to do next would be greatful

Kieran why say that? This isn't isn't a let down at all, in fact it's one of the better sites out there when it comes to community and advice. It's helped me out and given me some good ideas. If your referring to no one replying to your thread give it time for people to post back to you!

As for your question about JOM, I have this fitted to mine with it lowered about -50mm drop from stock sport (so about -65mm in total from a bog standard A3). I've not had any issues with them, they creak a little depending on the weather, but for the price, you can't really complain. AP aren't that much more expensive and a few users on here have rated them well.

Though bare in mind other factors like wheel size, tyre depth too (mine are 18/225/40). I found that if I have anyone in the back of mine the rear wheels would rub on the arch screw fixing, so I removed it (only used to help hold the rear bumper on).

As for other things to do, just have a search on here, there are loads of threads about various things to do, like changing interior lighting to LED's, rear number place LED's, Xenons, changing the interior seats... the list is endless.

How to get better results next time;
Avoid Vague / Unhelpful thread titles
A paragraph of semi info then some general questions on suspension could have gone in one of many other threads.

How dare we not answer within 24 hours...
I read 50+ suspension threads for the 8P platform before asking if someone in my area could take me for a spin to help me understand.

I have KW V2, they're good, ive not tried budget options.

GL.

Reactions: leshkin and Samy boi
@KieranBlackA3 you should ask for your money back if you are not happy with the service mate.

Your original thread was in the wrong section (8L), hence the lack of response. It's still there BTW - mods must be napping :p http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...-lowering-and-possible-wheels-choices.245063/

Your question is about a very specific make of budget coilovers, which is not a popular choice, so is not likely to attract a quick response. @nooone makes some valid points about using the forum to get answers, highly recommend that you take it on board.

Thanks for replying guys, sorry about that got a little frustrated.. I originally posted this is the newbie section which I thought would be correct, but It came up that it was moved to the 8L section, which as said was the wrong place, then at the top of my page it was saying there was a problem sharing my post so I thought my thread wasn't getting out there, that with other threads being answered to or being responded I just assumed the site wasn't working for me, so me saying this site was a let down was just frustration.

iv read a few threads on here which has helped me but as stated my question is so spercific that me trying to find an answer to my question through other threads would take an eternity

And @benjibarnicals, could you please post a picture of you car on here so I can judge how low i should lower my car, thanks in advance

Like a lot of things in life, you should learn to give before you expect to take. :whistle2:

Reactions: Scott_Crossley and D3mon
@KieranBlackA3 you should ask for your money back if you are not happy with the service mate.

Your original thread was in the wrong section (8L), hence the lack of response. It's still there BTW - mods must be napping :p http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...-lowering-and-possible-wheels-choices.245063/

Your question is about a very specific make of budget coilovers, which is not a popular choice, so is not likely to attract a quick response. @nooone makes some valid points about using the forum to get answers, highly recommend that you take it on board.
Lol. We do our own thing sometimes. We never nap. Lol :) x