goubo stroker gt35 build nears completion

Once I checked the connection I checked for faults again just using the liquid gauge got theses and cleared them turned it off and on again and just the 16622 returned

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    465.8 KB · Views: 181
@badger5 @Tuffty @Gops

any of you guys had any issues with your dipstick popping up under boost ?? Happened a few times ......If so what did you do to keep it locked in?

Is your catch can full? That or your dip stick is just loose on the tube. My old stick i put a small washer on to keep it in.

Map sensor could be faulty. I had it a while back, bought another and it was fine after.

Is your catch can full? That or your dip stick is just loose on the tube. My old stick i put a small washer on to keep it in.

No mate I emptied the other day when I did the oil and was next to nothing init....it must just be loose then

Map sensor could be faulty. I had it a while back, bought another and it was fine after.

Hope that's all it is as after doing the brakes and suspension and seats if it's anything more I'll cry haha..I'll get straight on it in the morning to get a replacement so fingers crossed for me dude lol

the new vag dipstick tubes are not as tight to the dipstick itself as they used to be.. so can rise a little..
your other fault codes indicate map sensor has expired

Reactions: Goubo1
the new vag dipstick tubes are not as tight to the dipstick itself as they used to be.. so can rise a little..
your other fault codes indicate map sensor has expired

Thanks bill...I've to collect a map sensor today at noon so hopefully it will be all good again soon

Well new map sensor seems to have cured the problem....no longer have any codes so proper road test later on

Reactions: S3Alex and Sandra
road test. bet you're gutted.

not :D

Well to be honest at first I was after letting it heat up and get to full working temp I gave it some in map 3 and it wasn't right a bit spluttery so pulled straight over check faults on the liquid gauge had fault 17772 so checked all the coilpacks were fully seated and unplugged the connectors and reconnected them then cleared the codes gave it some boost again and all was fine so kept giving it the occasional squirt of throttle and all was still good so went so thought I'd give it some serious stick and all seems to be well thankfully...was nearly crying at one point haha

Reactions: scotty_24 and S3Alex

This also happened me going past a mates cupra r that's mapped gave him miles head start and when I go past he's going pretty quick lol

Well car was of the road for weeks as the bolts that hold the exhaust housing backed out and two bolts totally gone

Cause the chra not to sit square there for causing damage

Also the turbine rubbed the housing

Got it sent down to bill who had a look to see what damage had happened..(none of this was badger5 fault) it got sent back to the supplier as the product was at fault as the half moon clamps are supposed to give preload so the bolts don't back out so locking tabs are not needed...looking at the pics you can see that's not the case..After a long process and headache for bill as they messed about not being helpful (I seen all the emails exchanged) they finally sorted the turbo and bill installed the needed lock tabs

Again many thanks to bill for the excellent customer support who did everything to help me

After installing the turbo again that seemed to take me a age due to fiddly bolts and no patience...I followed bills instructions on initial start up went to start it up and nothing...panic time then realised I hadn't disconnected the battery the few weeks it was parked up so had to go get another one fitted it and cranked it a over 5 times few seconds each time then plugged injectors back in and fired up nice

I kept a eye around the turbo and all seemed good no leaks...road test time on map5 actuator pressure I gave it full throttle and heard a pop and running ****** pulled over bonnet open (proper panicking) seen that the turbo outlet hose had popped off got it on and nipped up and all was good

Went in the car the next day and on the liquid qauge oil was reading -60 then 155 then the yellow oil can with sensor next to it was on on the dash nearly started crying thinking it was major but turned out just to be the oil level sensor needing replaced so got that sorted and the car is all good again :grinning:

Reactions: scotty_24, Gops and <tuffty/>
Nice to see it back up and running dude!

Nice to see it back up and running dude!

Thanks dude...yeah I'm glad it's back on the road after few weeks driving a kangoo van you can imagine my reaction to squirt in 3rd at 2 bar haha

Thanks dude...yeah I'm glad it's back on the road after few weeks driving a kangoo van you can imagine my reaction to squirt in 3rd at 2 bar haha

Haha bet you did squirt at 2bar :p I miss mine badly. Can't thank bill enough for having my car lying around, he's got so many builds at the moment and to have my car sitting there must be annoying to waste space. If your reading mate, sorry!

Good time to upgrade to the larger bore manifold though ;)

Haha bet you did squirt at 2bar :p I miss mine badly. Can't thank bill enough for having my car lying around, he's got so many builds at the moment and to have my car sitting there must be annoying to waste space. If your reading mate, sorry!

Good time to upgrade to the larger bore manifold though ;)

Yeah he's a busy man just now...I'm keen to see what the larger bore brings to the table..bill is putting some crazy cars on the road of late

Yeah he's a busy man just now...I'm keen to see what the larger bore brings to the table..bill is putting some crazy cars on the road of late

I know! I've been following the TT stroker NOS build! That must be crazy!! Wouldn't mind a little shot of Nos! The larger bore could help my setup out, hoping it allows more flow even if it doesn't make more power, less boost would be nice.

I know! I've been following the TT stroker NOS build! That must be crazy!! Wouldn't mind a little shot of Nos! The larger bore could help my setup out, hoping it allows more flow even if it doesn't make more power, less boost would be nice.

Is that build on here as I've been seeing pics on Facebook looks epic..

Joined the 100k club tonight and caught it on video strangely satitisfying haha

Reactions: S3Alex and HansfishS3
Having a little play the other night giving it a rip in 3rd from low down to start of 5th in map 2 still giving me huuuge smiles

Filling it full of go go juice today

Reactions: StaceyS3, S3Alex, Gops and 1 other person
Happy New Year mate.

I bet that fill up didn't last long!

careful ;-) you never know who might wrongly assume you were on a public road.

I have read some of this but as a beginner I am not very good and still wont be making these stage 2/3 mods, but out of interest is your turbo moved from 2-5 to 4-7 but changing the cams or is your turbo now massive and therefore it just has a different range?

I have read some of this but as a beginner I am not very good and still wont be making these stage 2/3 mods, but out of interest is your turbo moved from 2-5 to 4-7 but changing the cams or is your turbo now massive and therefore it just has a different range?

I think it's a combination of both dude it's gt35 turbo and that has lots of top end puff and to get the best from it it had a set of bills cams in there to

Bigger turbo will have a later spool rate. 4ish to 7-8 is what mine is. Bills cams are awesome on our cars, the power/torque bands are immense.

Bigger turbo doesn't mean lack of drivability... lag is a term I hate as it gets misused...

This is a plot of mine vs a std S3...

tuffty-std-vs-gt35-20151205.jpg

I don't have the boost plot to hand but in boost terms then yes you could call it 'laggy' but in real terms you are not missing out...

Don't get me wrong... if you are in 6th and you stick your foot down don't expect it to be like a diesel and just go... it won't... big turbo cars you do need to be in the right gear but once you are used to it they are perfectly drivable and once on song its another world

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Gops and Goubo1
Bigger turbo doesn't mean lack of drivability... lag is a term I hate as it gets misused...

This is a plot of mine vs a std S3...

tuffty-std-vs-gt35-20151205.jpg

I don't have the boost plot to hand but in boost terms then yes you could call it 'laggy' but in real terms you are not missing out...

Don't get me wrong... if you are in 6th and you stick your foot down don't expect it to be like a diesel and just go... it won't... big turbo cars you do need to be in the right gear but once you are used to it they are perfectly drivable and once on song its another world

<tuffty/>

I prefer it to drive with the bigger turbo it's nice and relaxed and not over eager when toddling around and if you want light speed it's just a downshift or two away

Reactions: Sandra, limbo118118 and <tuffty/>
so does a hybrid do away with lag using an electric motor to simulate the exhaust gas? but they are not good enough yet? as the threads I have read here people are trying to get 300+ but your 3 cars are 500-600.

its pretty amazing from a 1.8 but I suppose the F1 1.6 are nearing 900bhp - so it must be possible for 4 hours driving :) or 15 minutes for a Honda.

so does a hybrid do away with lag using an electric motor to simulate the exhaust gas? but they are not good enough yet? as the threads I have read here people are trying to get 300+ but your 3 cars are 500-600.

its pretty amazing from a 1.8 but I suppose the F1 1.6 are nearing 900bhp - so it must be possible for 4 hours driving :) or 15 minutes for a Honda.
Manufacturers have been getting 500+ from 2.0 4 cylinders since the early 90s. Just not production cars.
What's possible now is mind boggling with the technology and materials. But what these guys have here is perfection in terms of power, reliability (I hope I don't jinx you sorry), and drive ability. A lot of those things are lost at figures closer to 1000hp.

Reactions: S3Alex and Goubo1

Wrong type of hybrid on our cars hybrid means using parts from a bigger turbo in to our ko4's turbos to make em faster not a electric/petrol hybrid like a Prius or similar

Reactions: S3Alex and tomjol

As superkarl has said,nothing new in this.

Back in the 80's,Honda,BMW and others were getting around 800bhp/litre from the 1.5L V6 F1 engines at the time.

Here's the but....the qualifying engines were built to do just that....qualify at 1200bhp+ and often blow up in the process.
The race engines were built to last around about 200miles or one race.

Oh dear sorry - I thought the "hybrid turbos" being referenced in the modified S3 turbos were electric and gas power - I did wonder how it knew when to spool by electric as no-one talked about super capacitors, battery charging or ecu management - rather than different turbo components in the K04 casing, that makes much more sense.

so why not these - are they impossible to retrofit?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybrid_turbocharger

Oh dear sorry - I thought the "hybrid turbos" being referenced in the modified S3 turbos were electric and gas power - I did wonder how it knew when to spool by electric as no-one talked about super capacitors, battery charging or ecu management - rather than different turbo components in the K04 casing, that makes much more sense.

so why not these - are they impossible to retrofit?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybrid_turbocharger

Nothing is technically impossible but you have to ask why you feel you need this... tbh I think this discussion should be taken somewhere else as this has hijacked Rob's thread enough now

<tuffty/>

Reactions: S3Alex
Had the few bits off the car to try sort a oil weep from a banjo and while I was at it I had a good look around and found this

Mesh coming off from the maf :fearscream: just by luck I seen it before it got inhaled thought the turbo :screamcat: pulled all the mesh off for the time being till I get a new maf.The strange thing was it was going the opposite way from the airflow..just goes to show how much air is getting rammed through the car:tearsofjoy:...

For the few people who have asked about videos here is my YouTube
https://m.youtube.com/user/GOUBO1