A6 upgrade

blackwood

Reaction score
Hi Guys, sorry if this has been covered before, but I'm looking to buy a 2010 A6 Avant Special Edition with standard factory set up, non- Bose... Is it possible to improve the sound without going too mad and pulling everything apart and replacing? I was thinking of maybe an under seat sub, or perhaps even two, but how easy are they to wire into the car, and will I need to reprogram anything? Sorry if that all sounds a bit simplistic, but thanks for taking the time to read this, and any advice would be really appreciated....
Cheers, Blackwood

Difficult & not cheap, The MMI system on the A6 transmits data via the MOST fiber optic bus, so you cannot just swap the AMP out, and the A6 C6 Avant never had a factory sub, so you would need to look at aftermarket hardware which is £££, you also cannot rip out the MMI system as well, as it controls parts of the car.

Thanks for your reply, kinda what I thought, the seller was trying to tell me that it was easy to convert the standard set up to Bose or Bang and Olufsen, he'd seen loads done!!! Not on this planet... Will search further and find a better spec' car, thanks again!
Regards, Blackwood

I've done a Bose retrofit on an A6, and it not that easy. If you want Bose buy a car with it.