yourAudi - Track New Car Order

Ordered a 3 door S-line with Bolton Audi today and the sales exec said that they'll be stopping production of the 3 door soon. Anyone else can confirm this?

Ordered a 3 door S-line with Bolton Audi today and the sales exec said that they'll be stopping production of the 3 door soon. Anyone else can confirm this?
this is true

Reactions: Reltub

I just collected my S-line sportback from Bolton Audi, the customer service in the lead up to the handover fell short of what I expected. I must of left 4 or 5 messages for my salesperson to call me back, she never did so I was constantly having to chase her for information etc. Its not all bad, she did pick me up from home adress on the day i collected the car.
Ive got an issue with the passenger seat bolster, ok she said it would be followed up by the warranty people, it's been 4 days and ive heard nothing back.

I hope your experience is better than mine so far!

I just collected my S-line sportback from Bolton Audi, the customer service in the lead up to the handover fell short of what I expected. I must of left 4 or 5 messages for my salesperson to call me back, she never did so I was constantly having to chase her for information etc. Its not all bad, she did pick me up from home adress on the day i collected the car.
Ive got an issue with the passenger seat bolster, ok she said it would be followed up by the warranty people, it's been 4 days and ive heard nothing back.

dont mind me asking, but what issue are you having? wondering if its the fabled leather creasing?

I've had no problems with them as of yet. I've been dealing with a chap called Jamie and he's great, always rings when I ask for a call back.

Surprised at how long it takes to go from status 30-38... are the cars getting dragged there by a donkey?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surprised at how long it takes to go from status 30-38... are the cars getting dragged there by a donkey?

Just thinking the same thing, it's only 600 to drive it! Perhaps Audi should have the option of 'pick your car up from the factory' that would be one fun road trip

Just thinking the same thing, it's only 600 to drive it! Perhaps Audi should have the option of 'pick your car up from the factory' that would be one fun road trip

dealer told me they used to do this, but too many people were doing it? so its only available for a8 and something else if i remember what he was telling me

dealer told me they used to do this, but too many people were doing it? so its only available for a8 and something else if i remember what he was telling me

To many people doing it? Surely is saves them a shed load of cash and risk?

To many people doing it? Surely is saves them a shed load of cash and risk?

thats what I thought, probably a bit of BS. mind you...when I visited the ingolstadt plant the collection room was constant, car out, car in, non stop

72 hours gone and the car still hasn't reached emden docks... starting to think it's went the wrong way and is on its way to the alps

Reactions: Jassyo06
dont mind me asking, but what issue are you having? wondering if its the fabled leather creasing?
The padding inside the bolster nearest the door on the passenger seat base looks like its the wrong shape or maybe undersize. The leather has ridges in it, like it isnt stretched properly. So far the seat has only been used a couple of times but in time I can see it becoming a right mess.

I've had no problems with them as of yet. I've been dealing with a chap called Jamie and he's great, always rings when I ask for a call back.
I dealt with someone different, sounds like yours is way more customer focused. What S-Line spec have you picked?

I dealt with someone different, sounds like yours is way more customer focused. What S-Line spec have you picked?

Haven't gone too crazy, went with the 1.5 TFSI:

Brilliant Black
Privacy Glass
Auto-dimming and Folding Door Mirrors
‘5-arm dynamic’ design alloy wheels in contrast grey, diamond cut finish

Ah, search function!

• Status 70 (Arrived at dealer) :
  • Status 60 (On route to dealer) :
  • Status 40 (Ready for shipping to dealer) :
  • Status 39 (Arrived in UK) :
  • Status 38 (Arrived at Port) :

I've been stuck on status 40 for about a week now, due going down to Sheerness and collecting it myself haha!

Just looked at the coding and mine is Status 38.

Any idea what this means in terms of transit?

No chance... it's over 72 hours since I got status 30(left the factory) and I've still not got status 38... has my transporter crashed?

Looking at the codes, mine took 4 days to go from 30 to 38 - they use a train to the port too, so less chance of crashing..!

It goes by train to the port, so unlikely. I think mine took a few days before 38 appeared

Status 38 (arrived at port AND cleared for shipping) is the one with unknown time length, up until 38 the status follow on in reasonable succession as its part of the production process. :search:

Status 38 depends on vessel capacity heading for the UK. My car sat at Emden for 11 days and was on the same sailing as someone who's car had been at the port for 3 weeks so they must have to build up enough VAG cars at Emden to fill a boat to Tyne/Grimsby/Shearness

Ah, search function!

• Status 70 (Arrived at dealer) :
  • Status 60 (On route to dealer) :
  • Status 40 (Ready for shipping to dealer) :
  • Status 39 (Arrived in UK) :
  • Status 38 (Arrived at Port) :

No quite !

39 - on a boat to the UK
40 - Arrived in the UK

I'm now status 38 but only says it at the top part, not with a date etc

That's normal. Status 38 disappears when you get the magical status 39

So who else is waiting for Friday collection?! Can barely contain myself. :s3addict:

Reactions: Djs3saloon
So who else is waiting for Friday collection?! Can barely contain myself. :s3addict:
Yes mate, I feel the excitement in the air...
Friday booked of work, s3 time baby !

Reactions: CalA3
I'm now status 38 but only says it at the top part, not with a date etc

Same. Moved to 38 (at the top, nothing in history) this morning after 5 days at status 30.

Wonder what the chances are of getting on Weser Highway that has docked this morning haha!?

I've been on Status 40 since Saturday (26th). Any idea how long it normally takes to get to the dealership ready to be picked up?

Hoping to be able to pick it up sometime next week :D

I've been on Status 40 since Saturday (26th). Any idea how long it normally takes to get to the dealership ready to be picked up?

Doesn't your dealer need to raise a transport order once it's in the U.K.?

Hi,
I think mine came in on the same ship as you, to Sheerness? I just had a call from the dealer who advised I should hear from him Friday or Monday to let me know about pick up!

Over on the A4 b9 forum a member was told by his dealer that due to the 67 plate backlog there is a 6-10 day delay getting cars through customs in Sheerness then got to wait for a transport order from the dealer so could be easily 7-14 days from landing in uk to getting to dealer if that information is right

Arriving at Dealers Tommorow!
Serh Gute !

Reactions: MattSedg, Rolly12, Chris43 and 1 other person
Is it uncommon for cars to go straight onto a boat?
I.e. Status 38 one day and then the next be at 39?

Last edited:
The wait will soon be over, collecting my S3 on Saturday...
20170823 093211 2016x1512

Reactions: S1Pete
Status 39 over night! Looks like I had a lucky break at the port!

Reactions: Chris43