S3 Intercooler Hose Kit

s3_trev

Northern Ireland
Reaction score
So ive just pulled the trigger on a new ProAlloy intercooler and I would now like to upgrade the hoses that go into it.

I am finding it suprisingly difficult to find what Im after! A lot of stuff is just for the 1.8T, or the Forge Kits dont actually specifically list what is included, they just give titles like "Silicone Coolant Hose Kit", which means nothing to me! Does that include a hose for the intercooler?

Basically I want to upgrade the intercooler hoses but I dont mind buying a kit in order to get them, as I will install the whole kit while im at it.

Thanks.

Hi Alex. Tried them. After their web contact form crashed, I rang them. The lovely girl on reception checked for me but they said they dont do them. So they must have stopped production after they made yours.

Sorry about that.

If you can find the inlet and outlet pipe diameters etc then you might be able to match it up with Forge's kit.

Integrated Engineering also sell a lot of angles and reducers which may be useful with straight alloy piping between if you can't find something ready made.

Reactions: s3_trev
Not your fault!! Well ive sent Forge an email so I will await their response and go from there. Cheers.

Reactions: S3Alex
SO guys I thought I was making great progress. Long story short I ordered a full top and bottom hose kit from Forge UK. Got the DV return hose as well. I thought to myself that if I ordered everything that surely one thing guaranteed to be in the kit was the intercooler hose as this obviously would be one of the most important to upgrade. I was wrong. Got a call from my mechanic today saying there was no intercooler hose in the kit, even with the two kits, there are only coolant hoses. Due to the description of the hose kits on the Forge website, it didnt actually list whats in the kits - hence my assumption that all would be included.

Rang Forge and they done a check and apparently a "feasabiltiy" study shows that there is more of a demand for an uprated water hose than an intercooler hose....WTF!? Head scratcher right there.

Soooo, back to square one. Who the flip sells uprated intercooler hoses for an s3 8p! I am honestly shocked its proving so difficult considering the amount of modded 8PS running about the country. Are they all just running standard hoses???

So basically my mechanic is going to have to build the car up again now with a nice uprated intercooler but the bog standard hoses. Soo disappointing.

I think you may well find yourself having to look at either a custom set,or making a set from pieces of pipe,and elbows etc of silicone hoses.

Something isn't right here.

Forge supplied me with an intercooler hose kit last month or 2 months ago for my S3.

Came in a proper bag and everything like they'd just pulled it from the shelf off the peg...

Wow really MJR? That doesnt sound right.... I think I may need to investigate that.

I spoke to a man called "John Withers" at Forge via Email.

He sorted mine out last time.(7th April 2015.) Mention that it's not the twintercooler version, its for the intercooler for facelift cars. Else you'll end up with the wrong pipes.

Tried Golf R parts?

Reactions: s3_trev
I don't know the Pro-alloy cooler, the coupler may be different, but makes sense that the rest will fit up, you may need to do a little custom bit on the end.

You could also look at the generic ebay style kits, kits from the USA.

I live in Australia, we're used to having to be resourceful and look far and wide as most of the available parts come from overseas.

It's not much different over here in the UK but slowly getting better.
Most of the performance parts still come from the U.S. though with the exception of some of the newest big turbo parts from Nortech etc.