Inlet Manifold options.

fill your boots

Fill my boots?

If Bill doesn't have time to make you one then I'll will be happy to make one.

I've dabbled in welding before, done the courses and my friend/mechanic is the same. We're looking at doing this as a project for fun. If it works great, if not we'll get someone to do it for us. He's doing the same to a AMK in a mk2 golf project.

Fill my boots?

I've dabbled in welding before, done the courses and my friend/mechanic is the same. We're looking at doing this as a project for fun. If it works great, if not we'll get someone to do it for us. He's doing the same to a AMK in a mk2 golf project.

go for it.. "fill ya boots"

Get a plenum, backplate, throttle plate adaptor made up, AEB runners (if largeport) and ally weld it together..
I have Excessive plenum backplates in stock for AEB runners if you want to DIY one.

Reactions: daithi23
Where would one find an xcessive plenum? Did tuffty get one cheap by looking a the right time? Their site is quoting $225. This is all down the line a bit. I've a few bits and pieces to gather before I'm seriously looking at doing a DIY IM! Hoping that by around Christmas I've most of the parts gathered and as I get bits I'll do what ever work needs doing. Car was only in pieces a few weeks ago so I'll leave it for now!

Not sure if I'm too young, or this is more of an English saying, but I'd never heard that before!

Where would one find an xcessive plenum? Did tuffty get one cheap by looking a the right time? Their site is quoting $225. This is all down the line a bit. I've a few bits and pieces to gather before I'm seriously looking at doing a DIY IM! Hoping that by around Christmas I've most of the parts gathered and as I get bits I'll do what ever work needs doing. Car was only in pieces a few weeks ago so I'll leave it for now!

Bought from here.. I bought a few in.. Used them all up since tho:

http://www.xcessivemanufacturing.com/ONLINESTORE.html?cid=44&step=2

I thought he'd said in the built thread he'd gotten it significantly cheaper. I'll still have a go at doing it myself! Much more fun when someone asks where I got the lovely manifold.

youngun... I'm starting to feel old! Even had notions of ditching the S3 and getting a boring economical car... but torque and power is a rather addictive thing!

That's the plan, just think I'll do it post internals on the S3. Prior to getting a whopper of a turbo. On the topic, and sorry to everyone for going off topic of the thread, but tuffty, why didn't you go for a new GTX35 over the GT30/5? As I've said in your build thread I'm getting ideas from you, but if you're going to go biiig turbo, why not get the most powerful one that will fit, when it's not massively more expensive?

Not impressed with the GTX range as a whole... I am not chasing figures and the GT3582r is a tried and tested path...

Only thing I may do is look at a billet wheel when I get around to have the CHRA modded for metal cage bearing... metal bearing upgrade was the one thing I regret not doing at the time...

<tuffty/>

I need to look into that. Tbh I've no idea the benefit of that other than the obvious sounding, stronger so lasts longer!

Fair enough. I'm hoping to cracknowledge 600 if I can.

Im more impressed with the HTA's over the GTX turbos

My HTA35 feels much better than my old GTX30 even at low revs and ton driving

That's the plan, just think I'll do it post internals on the S3. Prior to getting a whopper of a turbo. On the topic, and sorry to everyone for going off topic of the thread, but tuffty, why didn't you go for a new GTX35 over the GT30/5? As I've said in your build thread I'm getting ideas from you, but if you're going to go biiig turbo, why not get the most powerful one that will fit, when it's not massively more expensive?

GTX laggy ****