Dash lights

scotty9110

Reaction score
Hi guys I bought an a3 sportback pd170 and ive just noticed the car has its engine management light and dpf lights off when I took it to a garage they said the dpf had been hollowed out but software hadn't been mapped out, I now have had the car remapped but was wonder how I go about the dash lights and what to look out for as im pulling the clocks out today

Any help would be appreciated

why are you pulling the clocks? the dpf software has to be mapped out of the file on the ecu, did your tuner do this? or just a general remap?

is the engine management light currently illuminated when the car is running?

The lights had been turned off the dash as they weren't coming on with the ignition I took it to a garage who tested all the dash lights and engine management light and dpf light weren't coming on so the tuner who remapped it didn't have any lights there to turn off but the fault codes did disappear he seems to thing the garage I bought the car off have blown the bulbs

I think they are smd's very small leds, if you strip the clocks down i bet you find blue tack or the like prevent the lights from illuminating

Found the problem they put bits of foam in the little holes where the led's are the sneeky gits