What size wheels will fit my A3? Lowered 50mm

TomKett

Reaction score
As title says what size wheels would fit my A3 without any rubbing issues? i am lowered on Eibach Sportlines.
I appreciate any help given. Thanks guys.

Do you want to stay with 18" wheels or move up to 19"?

18" - 18"x8J ET45 with 225/40R18 tyres is ideal for best of looks but no rubbing issues etc.

Reactions: TomKett and TomSx
You can fit 19's but I'd stick with 18's.

Reactions: TomKett
Do you want to stay with 18" wheels or move up to 19"?

18" - 18"x8J ET45 with 225/40R18 tyres is ideal for best of looks but no rubbing issues etc.
im actually on 17 inch wheels at the moment. im thinking i want some nice 18inch speedlines or something similar. would it make the car look alot higher going up 1 inch in rim size? as i think it sits nicely at the moment but there horible wheels lol, thanks guys

It wouldn't make the car any higher because you'll have a larger wheel but slimmer profile tyre, the overall size of wheel plus tyre remains the same.

Visually you may notice the arch gap more which you could easily fix with some good quality mild lowering springs, these would improve the factory ride too... Eibach Pro-Kit or H&R are the best ones.

It wouldn't make the car any higher because you'll have a larger wheel but slimmer profile tyre, the overall size of wheel plus tyre remains the same.

Visually you may notice the arch gap more which you could easily fix with some good quality mild lowering springs, these would improve the factory ride too... Eibach Pro-Kit or H&R are the best ones.
i am actually on Eibach 50mm sportline lowering springs at the moment. they are the lowest springs i could find, and i didn't want to go down the coil-over route

i am actually on Eibach 50mm sportline lowering springs at the moment. they are the lowest springs i could find, and i didn't want to go down the coil-over route

In that case you don't need to worry by changing to 18" wheels...

Speedlines are mint, they'll look good at -50mm, though what A3 have you got? bog standard, sportback, S3 etc? Put some pics up when you get them mate!

One thing i'd say is if you have a fully loaded boot or people in the back you might want to remove the rear bumper arch screw (rear underside arch on both sides) as the tyre could rub (it does on mine).

And of course, watch out for aligator teeth, speed bumps etc, my underside scraps to high heaven!

Speedlines are mint, they'll look good at -50mm, though what A3 have you got? bog standard, sportback, S3 etc? Put some pics up when you get them mate!

One thing i'd say is if you have a fully loaded boot or people in the back you might want to remove the rear bumper arch screw (rear underside arch on both sides) as the tyre could rub (it does on mine).

And of course, watch out for aligator teeth, speed bumps etc, my underside scraps to high heaven!
Just a 1.6 petrol (first car so couldnt got much bigger) no engine mods as of yet, Nothing special at the moment but ive got plans for her though

14mb5er.jpg

Looks tidy mate, and nice metal plates :) Is that wind deflectors on there I see too?
Yeah just a few little touches at the moment. wind deflectors, pressed plates, plate surround, wrapped black grill and lowered 50mm. what do you drive pal?