where to get a replacement piston for 2007 audi s3

s3_gav

Reaction score
looking for some help to find a piston i have got my 2007 s3 engine fully strip to replace the rings and now i need to replace a piston but audi has now changed the pistons and con rods and dont sell the original pistons and they tell me i now have to buy a full set of pistons and conrods at over 1k. does anyone know where i can get a new piston thanks

If you have stripped right down would it not be worth sticking some updated internals Init ???

A set of Wossner pistons and PEC rids wouldn't cost you much more than what you've been quoted.

I know fangios trying to save you money but I'd be very wary of used pistons and rods.
They need careful checking to even consider that.

The ones in his engine are used.........
I know.
But what you don't know is the state of the used replacements.

Tolerances,wear etc.

Any reason it's just a single piston? Seems a bit weird!

I know.
But what you don't know is the state of the used replacements

I understand, but I've known this chap for 40 years and he won't sell duff goods. He will do his best to make sure you get the right part.
His pics are excellent, too

Reactions: S3Alex
06D198401G - RODS - SET ONLY.
06D-107-066-S - PISTONS can be seperate.

PM for prices etc...

Reactions: S3Alex
still not had much luck finding a piston. i am mainly looking to get new parts but not even seen any used pistons either. does the 06D107066S piston fit the bhz engine block and standard con rod?

still not had much luck finding a piston. i am mainly looking to get new parts but not even seen any used pistons either. does the 06D107066S piston fit the bhz engine block and standard con rod?

Maybe give Dave at PEC a call.

www.steelconrods.co.uk

See if they can help you.

thanks i will give them a call :)

They supply good parts....the internals on mine are all from them.

Maybe a bit slow if lead times are long,but the end product was very good.

can anyone tell me what size of forged pistons to get i know the bores are 82.5 not sure if it is worth getting 83 as there is a it of play in my standard pistons