Phill's New S4 Black Edition Saloon in Sepang Blue - Collected!!!!

Little teaser from the salesman!

S4_Delivery1.JPG

S4_Delivery2.JPG

S4_Delivery3.JPG

Reactions: Keef, Bristle Hound, Lannerz27 and 1 other person
Picked her up today... All I can say is WOW!

S4_PickedUp01.jpg
@Phill_ - Your new S4 looks awesome buddy! Congrats! :thumbs up:

Welcome to the rather exclusive 'sepang blue S4 saloon owners club'. Only 2 members ;) :D

We NEED more pics of inside and out :)

Some more pictured, excuse the rubbish photography :)

S4_PickedUp01.jpg

S4_PickedUp02.jpg

S4_PickedUp03.jpg

S4_PickedUp04.jpg

S4_PickedUp05.jpg

S4_PickedUp06.jpg

S4_PickedUp07.jpg

Reactions: Lannerz27, Duggy72, Bristle Hound and 1 other person
Love those supersport seats. I know they're not to everyone's taste, but my God, I love 'em. Most comfortable I've ever been in a car.

Reactions: Duggy72
Love those supersport seats. I know they're not to everyone's taste, but my God, I love 'em. Most comfortable I've ever been in a car.
Unfortunately the Salesman showed the Mrs how much they cost while we were there picking it up... She wasn't happy! :whistle2::blahblah1:

Reactions: Blackwhite
Unfortunately the Salesman showed the Mrs how much they cost while we were there picking it up... She wasn't happy! :whistle2::blahblah1:
I played a blinder. The test car car had standard seats. I asked Mrs JDP what she thought of the alcantara, she pulled a face like a smacked bum. "Don't worry, I can fix it so ours is full leather." Not another word was said.

Reactions: Phill_
Unfortunately I've got a 2 yr old and a 3 yr old and they are both incredible at scuffing seat backs so I just couldn't bring myself to throw that much at something that would undoubtedly get ruined at some point.

Phil,

Did your car come with the silver Audi container whuch is in the cup holder?

Mine didn't

Can I also ask if the saloon has a subwoofer? My avant doesnt and although the clarity of the B&O system is good, there isnt enough of an oomph if you know what i mean

Can I also ask if the saloon has a subwoofer? My avant doesnt and although the clarity of the B&O system is good, there isnt enough of an oomph if you know what i mean

Can't help with the saloon question, but there is a very noticeable difference between the Bose system (with woofer) in my old A6 and the B&O in the S4.

The Bose felt incredibly powerful and delivered a very punchy sound even at low volume. However it never really sounded 'sweet' and was very clinical. The bass was also the over riding experience and I never really gelled with it.

The B&O is noticeably less powerful than the Bose. Where I used to have the Bose at 8-9 for normal driving volume, the B&O is more like 15-20. What's fantastic for me though is that the mid range is much warmer and sweeter than the Bose. I'm hoping that this will further improve with use. It does just lack a bit of punch though.

I think on balance, the B&O gets the nod from me as I'll take clarity and warmth over thumping bass, but it does feel like it could do with a better amp.

Mine has a sub in the back

Can't help with the saloon question, but there is a very noticeable difference between the Bose system (with woofer) in my old A6 and the B&O in the S4.

The Bose felt incredibly powerful and delivered a very punchy sound even at low volume. However it never really sounded 'sweet' and was very clinical. The bass was also the over riding experience and I never really gelled with it.

The B&O is noticeably less powerful than the Bose. Where I used to have the Bose at 8-9 for normal driving volume, the B&O is more like 15-20. What's fantastic for me though is that the mid range is much warmer and sweeter than the Bose. I'm hoping that this will further improve with use. It does just lack a bit of punch though.

I think on balance, the B&O gets the nod from me as I'll take clarity and warmth over thumping bass, but it does feel like it could do with a better amp.
Thanks Chief,

A sub would be the icing on the cake for me. I have an Alpine 8" active sub in my garage, previously had it in my A6 avant and what a difference it made to a std system.

Will find an installer and book it in to be installed.

Phil,

Did your car come with the silver Audi container whuch is in the cup holder?

Mine didn't
No, I took it out my Q3 :)

The B&O sub is located under the parcel shelf in the boot of the Saloon. I've not yet pushed the sound system, too exited about the engine noise :)

No, I took it out my Q3 :)

The B&O sub is located under the parcel shelf in the boot of the Saloon. I've not yet pushed the sound system, too exited about the engine noise :)
You do know that the noise is a sound actuator? I was disappointed when i found out.

You do know that the noise is a sound actuator? I was disappointed when i found out.

It's quite different to the one in the Golf R that I tried though. I think this actually just amplifies the actual engine, where the Golf seems to try and sound like something else altogether!

Very nice mota Phill, glad it all worked out after you managed to get an order slot!

Reactions: Phill_
I have a b&o system in my avant its in the boot

Quick question.... Should the Black Editions come with an AMI cable for free?
To be precise you get a free cable 'pack'. Some packs have a single cable and some packs have 2 cables. My salesman did not tell me this so I'm glad for this forum! If I had listened to him I'd have needed to choose between a USB cable and an IPhone cable. But after getting advice I asked for the pack with BOTH a USB and IPhone cable in it.

Contacted dealer, said he is waiting for new stock of AMI cables to come in and will send on to me when he has them...

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Does anyone know if movies can be played via the USB storage

TBH I got the twin pack of cables for the AMI for iPhone 5S & the USB & have never used them yet
The ****** AMI box in the glovebox takes up way too much room in there for me. Got to keep my cr@p elsewhere lol

Reactions: Hear-Vier