Watchdog BBC1

Half a litre of Oil every 75 miles. That's just mental.

My first (8L) S3 had a similar problem. No one could identify why I was going through a litre of oil every week! I ended up moving the car on via a p/ex.

Thankfully is only affects 2009-2011 A4, A5 and Q7. Most interesting part was after a class action lawsuit in the US, Audi America paid for all the repairs and added warranty for 8yrs!

Anybody else's heart sink when they first announced.........................'Audi the premium brand car that's oil consumption could cost you 000's' ?!!

To be honest it's ****** appalling that Audi made customers cough up like that, particularly when the USA already came clean and did right by theirs (albeit after getting sued!). Nice one Watchdog, getting disgraced on national TV usually gets the job done ;)

I've been going on about how good the Audi is compared to Vauxhall to all my mates, then last night my heart sunk when I got this (first part of the text)

Phewww

Talk about relief lol :D

Reactions: Simon L
Had a similar issue with my 2004 A3 2.0TDI - on a trip to France it managed to use a litre of oil (max to min basically) in 500 miles. Oil warning light came up whilst in France and ended up at a VW dealer in the middle of nowhere (no Audi one to be found) trying to explain to staff who spoke no English what the problem was.

They never tracked it down. Oil use was always rather heavy on that engine but never that bad again. Think it was a lot of stop/start driving which exacerbated the problem. I was far from impressed.