Camshaft degrees?

lowlife89

Reaction score
My car only did 173hp on the dyno, so the tuner looked about with VCDS and concluded the cam belt or chain/chain tensioner are either bad or not properly installed and that I should fix it and then confirm by looking for a value of 0 at channel 93. Sadly, I don't remember what that was showing on their cable.

Now channel 93 should look like this from what I've seen online (http://audisrs.com/archive/cam-timing-checking-with-vag-com__o_t__t_21169.html):

But on my car and cable, channel 93 looks like this :blink::

The channel 93 -12KW doesn't budge when the engine is shut off, idling or revved in Neutral. The channel 91 one does, between -1 and 0.

I've found a "Ign. timing" value on channel 003 that does fluctuate from 7.5 to 30 while revved, can anyone tell me what it is?

I've looked across all channels up to 150-170 and I've found nothing like "Bank 1" or "Bank 2" like people post on other forums, what's up with that? :(

The timing belt was off by a tooth. The camshaft gear wasn't lining up with the control arrow on the head (I think). This can be checked by popping over the plastic cover and using a mirror for convenience.