Liquid gauge accuracy

leeboss87

Reaction score
Hi all I have just installed a race diagnostics liquid gauge in my pd130 and I've noticed the bhp and torque figures are both around 25 above standard.
Is this just the accuracy of the gauge or would you say it's been remapped??
The only modification I have done is egr delete.
All opinions and ideas appreciated, cheers

BHP etc is a kinda estimate more than fact tbh... its mostly based around the MAF reading from my understanding of it and is more of a guideline..

Tbh you can't even take a dyno as gospal... dyno lottery applies

Liquid Gauge uses the same data as the ECU sees so is as accurate as the sensor data it receives is

<tuffty/>

BHP etc is a kinda estimate more than fact tbh... its mostly based around the MAF reading from my understanding of it and is more of a guideline..

Tbh you can't even take a dyno as gospal... dyno lottery applies

Liquid Gauge uses the same data as the ECU sees so is as accurate as the sensor data it receives is

<tuffty/>
Apparently on diesels it uses the ecu torque method to calculate the bhp so I'm assuming if the torque is increased the bhp will follow.
I've been planning on getting a remap once I've fitted my stainless exhaust and upgraded intercooler, will getting a remap cause any problems if it already has one?

power results from torque...

If you already have a remap then getting a n other remap will simply replace whats there

<tuffty/>

Reactions: leeboss87
power results from torque...

If you already have a remap then getting a n other remap will simply replace whats there

<tuffty/>
Cheers for your help mate, will check the figures again after remapping.
Any recommendations for where to go for remap?

Badger5... but then I am a little biased lol

<tuffty/>

Reactions: derek84 and Goubo1