Fuel pump leak

nervus

Reaction score
If you get the odd wiff of fuel it may be worth checking your HPFP (High pressure fuel pump) for slight leaking. Its located at the top of the engine on the R.H.S. of the head under the engine cover.

Audi technician mentioned they've had a few of these recently!

Reactions: veeeight
Hi - I'm noticing a smell of fuel too.... anyone know whether this would cause any issues with performance too ? Is it a fault with the hoses or the pump itself - any ideas ?

Recently had my S3 break down on M25 with a (sudden) massive over fuelling issue. New High Pressure fuel pump, 2 injectors and turbo fitted. No noticeable loss of performance until then.

A few on here have had high pressure fuel pump failures on their S3's, also accompanied by an injector failure as well (then or recently afterwards)

Hi - I'm noticing a smell of fuel too.... anyone know whether this would cause any issues with performance too ? Is it a fault with the hoses or the pump itself - any ideas ?

I felt mine was definitely down on power when pushing it hard. That's what got my suspicions up - I thought the MTM Cantronic had fallen off :)

Reactions: RGS3
See the topics listed below for more info on what people's outcomes were and diagnosed issues.