Paint Problems

MikeParkin

It's my birthday
Reaction score
I'm looking for people's opinions on my current issues with Audi.

My car is just 6 months old and I've already had my bumber replaced.

The first issue was the day off collection. I revived a phone call asking if I could collect the car 3 hours later as they had chipped the paint off the roof and need repairing. ( car was in show room with roof bars on ). They repaired the damage and was satisfied with the results.

Secondly after about 6 weeks, I was washing/polishing the car again and noticed were the bumper meets the rear quarter, there was paint coming away from the plastic underneath. Audi replaced the bumper under warranty. On collection was satisfied and came home. After washing the car and looking at different angles it was dull ish and did not look right. Also on closer inspection there's yellow primer creeping through the black paint on the bottom arch edges.

Thirdly I have various stone chips already and have bought a touch up pen from Audi to see if I can sort it but waiting to take the car on Friday to there body shop for inspection to see if there is any issues.

Not sure if it's a coincidence that this has all happened in the first 3 months of ownership.
Or there's a problem with the paint or what I should do. I know the chips is a tricky one but all this in first 6 months ?

Any advice welcome.

I've got a few chips on my bonnet already, and deep too. Worst that any car I've had before.

I also have a small chip on the rear passenger door sill, which given it's location had to be a paint defect as you couldn't chip it there. Due to this issue, Audi are fix this and the stone chips at the same time.

My conclusion is the paint is softer than one might expect!

I did speak to a manager today and said what is the car going to be like in a year. It's disappointing that it happening already. But again how many time will I have to keep going back.

the problem with the paints on cars today is down to eu rules.the car companys are not allowed to add certain addatives that harden the paint ie lead.i had major issues on my vxr resulting in two full resprays on a new car.when they tested the paint it was just far to thin,and with todays roads it just equals stone chips.

I have washed the car today and the flacking has started on the front bumper so I'm sure there's got to be an issue. Also there are chips in places that wouldn't chip so easily. Friday is the day we will see how it goes.

Great interior , superb drive and handling , **** paint and flimsy panels imhumbleo

More Audi Pint woes, doesn't surprise me. Audi have had to repaint my entire near side and bonnet under warranty and the car is going back into the dealers tomorrow as there is orange peal all sound the edges of all the panels that they have painted, I am some what fcuked off with the quality of paint work out of the factory.
DTYME83

its a shame you have to use audi , only place i let do any paint on my cars is a company called reflex auto design , there work is out standing

its a shame you have to use audi , only place i let do any paint on my cars is a company called reflex auto design , there work is out standing

Yeah I follow them on insta, It is annoying as I have a feeling my car is now gonna spend more time in the garage than with me as they attempt to fix something they can not fix.
DTYME83

What was wrong with your paint to start with ? Did they get the independent inspector out to have a look at it ? @DTYME83

Yes got independent guy to look at it PVWI2010 the paint has a crack in it under the lacquer and also must spots all over the bonnet and down the near side. So in effect I have had the entire near side painted and the bonnet.
DTYME83

Oh I went to the body shop on Friday and they have basically agreed with me about the issue l have but also said it's hard to prove the chipping. So I called to Audi and spoke to warranty manager and he totally agreed with my concerns said it shouldn't be like this. Now I await the independent inspector for him to have a look.

Just gone 6 month but there was a issue on day of purchase with the roof paint chipping off. Then a month later the paint came off the rear bumper. I spoke to them around 5-6 weeks ago about the paint chipping bonnet and everywhere and then saw that the front bumper was also chipping off very ****** off with it now @DTYME83

Well that is a major defect, if you are planning reject the car you need to exercise the right. I have already excercised mine so if they don't fix the paint issue the car will be going back or I want a reasonable amount of compensation.
DTYME83

Last edited:
the problem with the paints on cars today is down to eu rules.the car companys are not allowed to add certain addatives that harden the paint ie lead.i had major issues on my vxr resulting in two full resprays on a new car.when they tested the paint it was just far to thin,and with todays roads it just equals stone chips.
Arden blue by any chance on the Vauxhall