Low Dust Pads

chucky1

Reaction score
This is something I have done in the past. Akebono Euro Ceramics. Rotors left as is. I couldn't feel any braking difference. My wheels stayed clean. I'm not lazy, but cleaning wheels is something I don't look forward to. When the Avant is having its 1st service this will be done for sure. The 5 V section wheels are pretty dark but this will certainly help. I take my hat off to guys who keep high chrome wheels clean with euro pads on them. I know there are a few brands of low dust pads but I can vouch for these. Made in Japan and used on bullet trains.

I'd like to help you sixpot but the drive would be a killer. I bought this one up because I was wondering what you guys use, or if, you guys use dustless/low dust pads. The time saved is huge and my wheels always look clean.

I had the Akebonos recommended to me by a friend who gives his cars a bit of a hammering. I was a bit sceptical. I thought you would lose out somewhere but the feel and stopping power is the same to me. That said I don't drive in really cold weather here and I don't know if cold starts would have much of an effect. We are in the depths of winter now brrrrrrrrr....

I imagine you would have available to you in Oz Hawk Performance ceramic pads ?

Yes Gazwould you can get Hawk Street Performance C Ps. Bendix make a range called General CT, Euro Plus to name two. These all get good reviews.