3.2 exhaust options

Humpers

Reaction score
Hi chaps,

I'm looking in to getting a full stainles exhaust for my 2006 3 door 3.2 quattro.
I can't find many people making complete systems including manifolds.

do any of you lovely lot know of any?

any help much apriciated

cheers trev

milltek do manifolds and the complete system. Not sure about scorpion but they do downpipes and sport cats. possibly jbs do manifolds as well.

I'm sure lucifer on r32oc.com does manifolds. The only difference between the mk5 r32 exhaust and the a3 3.2 is the backbox

Try giving bcs a call see if they can help you out

Cheers guys, really want a stainless manifold to rear complete system.
I can find down pipes but no manifolds for it, apart from the r32 ones.

Power valve , St helens near Liverpool speak to Nigel or Dave.

I have a cobra motorsport exhaust, of which I bought via AMD, sounds amazing plus great quality...I was wondering why you are after a full system Trev, are you going to boost it?

On a N/A engine you will loose torque in the lower rev range with a full system, also the Cats are reasonably good from a flow perspective.

I was looking at manifold back as one off the flexies is blowing slightly, so thought lets do the whole lot

I did the same when i had a split flexi, fitted scorpion downpipes and sport cats which joined to the milltek exhaust already fitted. You won't notice any loss of low down torque, it's a torquey engine.

If you replace replace the cats you will have to get the car remapped.

Planning on a remap too, think I'll give lucifer a shout for front pixies a get a miltek resonated middle and rear

I just been threw all this. every one takes one look at it and says there a git to get to the front pipes and quotes 1500 to 2000 pound for a system made up. I tried loads of places. in the end I got a local exhaust guy who charged me 500 quid. he took off sub frame and steering rack to get to front pipes. cut them just after the lamba sensors and welded in new flexys on both pipes. used my cats so I didn't have to remap. then made up a nice y piece and pipe work to meet up with the std rear section cutting out the two little boxes. its given it a deeper tone but still quite. I really like it. and then you have option to fit any back boxes you like as its no different to std. charged me 500 quid cash.

couldn't find anyone still doing down pipes and could only get for mrk5 golf. scorpion will sell on there own. prob is they come down to a flange just in front of cats. so if your using the rest of the std system then youd have to have flanges made to fit rest of system. there about 350 quid for the down pipes plus the four hours to fit them. if you want the full system again its over a grand without back box sections and 4-5 hours to fit.

std pipe work is stainless anyway but boxes are not ???????

one thing I will say is the guy who did mine when replacing the sub frame it left the steering wheel out a bit. this set off the esp lights. a simple 4 wheel track and adjustment of the sub frame sorted it ok though.

The scorpion exhaust has the flanges so you can easily swap in/out either sport cats or the decat, they don't cater for keeping the standard cats. I went for the scorpion because i managed to get a new one off an r32 owner when he sold the car before fitting them. I couldn't turn it down at £550 delivered, normally £1k.

I had a garage fit mine, they said it should take about 4hrs, ended up taking them all day.

excattly and I bet you had the labour bill too. I had so many people quote me 150 quid to replace the flexys until I said do it. then theyd get it on the ramp and all the excuses would start and massive quotes. yeah like you say at 550 for a full sys I would of took it but new they wanted that I think it was just for the down pipes. both the sports and decat needed remapping and tbh that was more expense and I like they way the car drives now, I didn't want to mess with it and go threw the hassle of a remap. its 1200 quid now with sports cats and they wouldn't say if they dofo fitted as for golf not audi and as I was buying for wrong car they wouldn't take em back. that why when I found my local guy who would repair flexys and use my cats and then make up the rest of the system back from there to the original back boxes for 500 it was a no brainer. I have what scorpion was offering but with my cats so no remap needed :) took out the tow boxes in the mddle of the car too. these are not used on the golf but are on the audi. I guess different market the cars are aimed at. golfs are a bit more boy racer :)

I took the chance on getting them because no one would tell me if they fitted or not, turns out they fitted fine. Local garage stood by their quote but i did get turned down by someone else when they saw what a git it would be to do whilst on the ramps. I won't lie but the sports cat/decat noise is an acquired taste, sounds quite tinny, probably not as good as removing the extra mufflers if you want bass. With the cats changed it'll run fine but the warning light will come on regularly.

Biggest thing you'll learn is nothing on these cars is cheap, bit of a shame when you think about how underpowered they are compared to an m3

the reason the light is coming on is its running lean with the sports cat. if you got them then it needs to be remapped or it could damage its self. normally first thing to go on bikes when they run lean is they either burn or drop a valve head. :( quess these will be no different. id get it mapped if I had sport cats. this is why I wanted my cats welding into the new pipe work.

Mine is mapped, i don't get the lights on, i only mentioned it because i had the cats replaced by my local garage but had to wait for it to be remapped at dialynx. That was a year or so ago now, been faultless since.

The light would come on every few days depending on use - mainly school runs at the time.

when my flexys were gone mine come on too twice. only when I was being gentle on the throttle saving fuel. when I was booting it around it wouldn't come on. :)

I have the magnaflow comp system not done my manafolds tho. I found out that the r32 and a3 differ slightest mire than just the back box. The a3 have pre cat silencers that calm down the roar a bit and takes away the rasp they look like big baked bean tins but you can get them cut out I'm possibly selling my magnaflow to get an rs3 system with the pre cat silencers removed

yeap that's the two boxes I had removed. there after the cats but the golf only has one with a by pass for the other side for sum reason. gives it a bit more boy racer sound for the golf. different market. I love mine now there removed. got a rasp but not loud.