My 2010 A3 Sportback

S

Scott_Crossley

Hi guys,

just thought id do a post on my car to show what I have done to it before it gets wrapped next week :D

The car came with quite a decent spec, this spec is:

Auto wipers
Auto headlights
Auto dimming mirrors
Heated & electric mirrors
Foot well lights
Under door lights (floor lights I think they are called?)
Cruise control
AUX input
I believe it is an upgraded dash as it is the black and white one not the red one? I may be completely wrong on that!
Im sure there is more but I can't remember

The mods I have done are as follows:

Multi function flat bottom steering wheel
S3/Aluminium pedals
Q3 heater control - I didn't use the Q3 part as I didn't fancy 'shaving' it down to make it fit, I swapped the boards over and put the Q3 circuit board into my A3 chassis and it fits like a dream!
Card holder - I didn't like the 3 blanking plates
RNSE with a Kufatec Bluetooth unit
Black ashtray and gear stick surround - I originally had the aluminium ones but I didn't like these so I wrapped them in black! cheap but effective mod.
New gear knob - the A3s are a nightmare for wear on the gear knob so I managed to get one a few weeks back for a bargain
Heated seats - I couldn't get hold of genuine mats so I fitted some 'universal ones' that work a treat, I have a little rocker switch in the sides of both seats near the adjustment levers.
Genuine Audi R8 oil cap
Genuine Porsche 911 water bottle cap and washer bottle lid.
APR ecu remap - running at roughly 176bhp at the wheels (I think that's correct) I was 140bhp standard, the increase makes a massive difference!
Genuine front parking sensors - the car came with the back ones fitted, I had the front ones added.
De badged the back
Black audi ring badges
RS4 style wheels wrapped in Michelin Pilot Sport tyres - absolutely brilliant rubber!
I changed every bulb on the car to white as I hate yellow lights!

My car is being wrapped next week to a light grey/Nardo grey col

I think that is all, ive posted some pictures below, I hope you like it :)

Reactions: mister.c.
Sounds a nice car mate but can't see any pics.

Reactions: Scott_Crossley
Started with a decent spec and all the mods have made it very strong indeed!
Would love to see pictures of the wrap once complete

Reactions: Scott_Crossley
Hi guys,

No idea why my pictures didn't upload :(

Here are a couple anyway (ignore the mess)

I will post some more pictures once it is wrapped

Untitled 1 Untitled Untitled2 Untitled3 Untitled4 Untitled5 Untitled6 Untitled7 Untitled8 Untitled9

Reactions: Scottyg and Sandra
car is looking great dude, where are you getting it wrapped, and is it an expensive job? ive been thinking of doing the same, going from black to white.

do you have any future plans for the engine??

car is looking great dude, where are you getting it wrapped, and is it an expensive job? ive been thinking of doing the same, going from black to white.

do you have any future plans for the engine??

Thanks mate, my uncle owns a car audio company here in Manchester, he does all car audio, window tinting, trackers, OEM upgrades for Mercedes, BMW etc etc.
He does vehicle wrapping aswell so I'm getting it done at cost price for materials and he doesn't charge me labour, it's going to take him about 3-4 days and it's costing me roughly £400 for materials.
I don't have any plans for the engine mate except for a hybrid turbo upgrade when/if my chocolate turbo decides to go as they are renowned for going faulty eventually and with it being remapped it can't be helping the situation lol

happy days that's pretty handy then. £400 isnt too bad, chuck a couple hundred on top for labor its still a manageable price. also where are you getting your OEM parts from like the steering wheel, gear nob, wheels etc

happy days that's pretty handy then. £400 isnt too bad, chuck a couple hundred on top for labor its still a manageable price. also where are you getting your OEM parts from like the steering wheel, gear nob, wheels etc

Yeah I'm happy with £400 mate, you can get cheaper material but you get what you pay for really.
I'm just searching the Internet the same way everyone else does mate, I've got a few things at cost price through my uncles company like the Bluetooth kit, RNSE, parking sensors etc but the things like the wheels and steering wheel I just kept my eyes open for months until a bargain comes up, it's just searching for it everyday until you find what you are looking for