A4 1.8T (190) Cambelt and waterpump change Price?

D-xplicit Dubs

Reaction score
Hi All,

Recently bought a 2004 A4 1.8T S Line 190. Checked service history and no sign of a cambelt change. Its on 80K so I thought I'd change the parts for piece of mind.

I have been quoted £370 inc VAT for Cambelt change, new tensioners and pulleys, Aux belt and water pump. ALL OEM I believe.

Is that right for the money or should am I paying more than I should?

Cost break down

He did mention that I had a different tensioner with mine having a Hydraulic one.

quoted £150 labour and the rest on parts

£105 cambelt kit
£30 for Pump
£20 belts
Coolant

Well Audi will charge £600 and they're usually about x2 the price of an independent, so that's not far off

Just had mine done on my cab and I paided 400 that's with gen parts

Reactions: D-xplicit Dubs
I have just been quoted £500 by an independent for belt / pump / stat but mine if a V6 so it costs more for some reason. Not aske Audi yet but last time it was £800 I think.

Sounds about right, and around what I paid. Might be worth checking with your local Audi though as they sometimes have deals on this job. Incidentally, when I asked of mine, they said they didn't normally change the pump so double check. I understand though that "we" regard it as best practise, and given the hassle involved at getting at it, it's well worth including.

Well well well! Cambelt and water pump done. Glad I did it as the idler was flapping about!!!

However the inspection has unearthed a number of other issues.

2 broken coil springs front and rear, which means replacing all round!!! Track rod ends are perished and I have a front end crash sensor causing the airbag light to go on.

Any ideas of costs!!!! Bit gutted as it seems to be costing a lot to get it out right!

Check classifieds for springs as lots of peeps lower their cars on here so you should be able to pick up good used ones cheaply and plenty of audi breakers on ebay should have sensor for a few quid.

Reactions: D-xplicit Dubs