S1 impressions on the Nurburgring 06-14

Stuttgartrob

Reaction score
Over the weekend I took my S1 to the Ring for some laps for the first time(pictures below). I did 4 laps with 2 coming with hour breaks and then doing two laps back to back to finish the day.

My Impressions:

Brakes held up great I had Zero fade and from the data I recorded from the laps my top speed was 248km/h (154 mph). I changed the brake fluid to High Temp fluid before I went and I think that is why I had no problems with the brakes.

Clutch held up fine also and all around the car did well. The only thing I had problems with were the stock tires I kept on overheating them and losing grip in turns. It wasn't bad just gave me a few oh **** moments. This was probably the first time in 6 years that I have drove on the Ring with Street tires so it could of been me over driving the car with the street tires.

I've decided not to change the clutch yet or upgrade the brakes. I'm currently talking to a company about getting some 15lb 17x8's for the car and switching to a Semi-Slick for track days.

IMG_2223.jpg

IMG_2224.jpg

IMG_2225.jpg

IMG_2226.jpg

Reactions: S3-8p-Dan, kevin lewis, Luc s1 and 8 others
Over the weekend I took my S1 to the Ring for some laps for the first time(pictures below). I did 4 laps with 2 coming with hour breaks and then doing two laps back to back to finish the day.

My Impressions:

Brakes held up great I had Zero fade and from the data I recorded from the laps my top speed was 248km/h (154 mph). I changed the brake fluid to High Temp fluid before I went and I think that is why I had no problems with the brakes.

Clutch held up fine also and all around the car did well. The only thing I had problems with were the stock tires I kept on overheating them and losing grip in turns. It wasn't bad just gave me a few oh **** moments. This was probably the first time in 6 years that I have drove on the Ring with Street tires so it could of been me over driving the car with the street tires.

I've decided not to change the clutch yet or upgrade the brakes. I'm currently talking to a company about getting some 15lb 17x8's for the car and switching to a Semi-Slick for track days.

IMG_2223.jpg

IMG_2224.jpg

IMG_2225.jpg

IMG_2226.jpg
If I wasn't on holiday ... Than I came to the ring ...maybe next time !

Great shots of the car @Stuttgartrob
DTYME83

Thanks, I usually buy ever shot I can find that the Ring photographers take.

If I wasn't on holiday ... Than I came to the ring ...maybe next time !

I will be going up next weekend since its open Saturday and Sunday then probably a bunch in August. I will let you know the dates exactly later.