Previously Owned RS3 8V

N

Nimbus265

I see that audi used car site has six 8V RS3s on there now at prices ranging from £49,950 to £46,990. Lots of grey ones - all available from from 10-11 Sep 15. You could buy a new one for those sorts of prices! (Oh I am!)

I assume that most of them got them week 1/2 of Jun - thats a 3 month promo window then, during which time they will have clocked up years worth of Launch Controls!

Anyone interested in going for one?

Ragged to hell on test drive after test drive and in between ragged even further by Dealership managers who have had as thier company car ..... erm no thanks will pass :)

Reactions: GRE57Y and Yorrick
Yea, unless they do some heavy discounts you'd be mad to buy one. And then you'd have to be only considering ownership within warranty. I'd steer well clear myself.

Yea, unless they do some heavy discounts you'd be mad to buy one. And then you'd have to be only considering ownership within warranty. I'd steer well clear myself.
I'd rather buy a dealer demo than an Audi approved used car that has been thrashed and modified which has been part ex'd at least with the dealer demo you know the history .

Reactions: T-800
I agree

At least you've some dealership come back

As opposed to buying something that could've been crashed or mapped/modified then put back to standard for some poor unsuspecting person to inherit.

Reactions: DAYTONA 500
My TT RS was a dealer demo before I bought, I got for a good price and was very well specced due to being a demo. Never had any problems with apart from wheels that Audi had poorly refurbed. The sorted this out for me out though

Yeah but ........

These prices are new build level !

You spec colour & options YOU want on a brand new order and know no one has driven it but you .... For virtually the same cost.

There doesn't appear to be any £ saving for these particular cars - just availability in September ... By which time, the Dealers will probably have thier replacement RS3.

There's one at a dealer that's got 5000 miles on it and they want £47k for it! I checked the spec and it was £46k to order. Usual Audi trick of offering a newly released car at an inflated price to take advantage of some people's impatience for getting one. I remember when they were doing this with the first TT, some people got truly mugged over that one.

I've bought two demo cars from Audi. Zero problems and good costs savings - but of course had delivery mileages, so hadn't been used as demos... not the case with the RS3's on sales at the moment. I would want to buy a car that's probably been ragged to hell by everyone and everybody. The demo RS3 I drove had only done 300 miles and I was caning the thing when I drove it. LOL.

Some dealers really seem to think their customers are clueless. Back in February I went to see a 6 month old Golf R with leather. Got there, no leather. And the sticker price was only 5% less than a brand new one at its spec. I explained I could get 9% off a new one, so it was cheaper than his used one, but he wouldn't budge. I guess some mug bought it.

People always say that buying a new car is a 'mug's game', but it is actually cheaper. You can always negotiate a discount (if you're willing to wait a couple of months), and the APR on the finance is much lower than for a used car. I remember looking at a BMW 2 series, you could get 4.5% interest on a new, but 12% on used. Together with the discount off new, the car would have to have been MUCH less expensive to come out cheaper overall over 3 years. Sub 1 year old cars always seemed to be charged at new prices...