Cramming it all in

gordie1973

Reaction score
So, there is potentially going to be a change of circumstances in our household in about 7 months time...... (Ahem) and I now need to know how much you can get into the back of an S3 SB - ie will it be able to swallow a double buggy and all the other day to day gubbins that are associated with 2 x under 2's.....

I've had a look around, and can find what the sizes are, and the fact that a dealership can fit 2 sales executives into the back of a saloon!!! But need to know from a purely practical sense what you lot can get in there with the seats in upright position.....

Have the fear that I may have to cancel and get a second hand Q5 or S4 avant from the same dealer if it's going to be tight.......

This was a consideration for us too. My OH even ordered me to send her a photo of the boot before signing the order form. Looks plenty big enough to me..

S3 Boot

Reactions: gordie1973
Thanks squire, looks like a double buggy will fit in no problem! Nappy bags in the front footwell though!!!!

I know mines the 3 door, but I was very impressed with mine when myself and the girlfriend went on holiday - didn't have anything in the cabin except from the boot floor protector which doesn't fit in with the boot floor down.. bit annoying.

It's a tad dark, but there are two suitcases and a monstrous amount of cr*p :p
IMG 0162

Hmm I'm not sure you will get a double buggy in the S3 SB, I think folded up it will be too large. I often have to take my mother out who is disabled and 93, and have to get her (fold down) wheelchair in the back, and that just fits if I fold down the handles, so double buggy and other gubbins - I think you'll struggle big time.

The main problem with the S3 is that the floor does not lower down compared to the A3's. So in J4MMY's above where the flower does lower (being the A3) giving you another 4-5 inches if height - you would have much more chance.

Personally - I think you'd be better off with an A4, or the S3 Saloon possibly - or even an A3 SB. But S3 SB and 2 x 2 year old's with gubbins and pushchair - I think highly unlikely.

Why not take your double pushchair down to a dealers and find a 5 door S3 SB and try it. If that's the criteria for buying, they should have no problem with you "trying it for size". I would.

Hmm I'm not sure you will get a double buggy in the S3 SB, I think folded up it will be too large. I often have to take my mother out who is disabled and 93, and have to get her (fold down) wheelchair in the back, and that just fits if I fold down the handles, so double buggy and other gubbins - I think you'll struggle big time.

The main problem with the S3 is that the floor does not lower down compared to the A3's. So in J4MMY's above where the flower does lower (being the A3) giving you another 4-5 inches if height - you would have much more chance.

Personally - I think you'd be better off with an A4, or the S3 Saloon possibly - or even an A3 SB. But S3 SB and 2 x 2 year old's with gubbins and pushchair - I think highly unlikely.

Why not take your double pushchair down to a dealers and find a 5 door S3 SB and try it. If that's the criteria for buying, they should have no problem with you "trying it for size". I would.

I would tend to agree. Its not the width or depth that is the main problem its the height in an S3 SB. The saloon is slightly better. Here is a pic with a small childs bike in the back. The boot is useable but not massive by any means.

Haven't got a double buggy yet as we are very early into the "bump" news ..... So even asking a friend to borrow theirs would be a pain as we don't want it to be public knowledge yet (but here I am on a public forum telling a load of strangers!!!! Weird I know!!)

Already started searching the dealership for something bigger, as don't think that the S3 is going to cut it with the space...... Hopefully they will allow me to swap my deposit over and just sell through my S3 when it arrives....

S5Q looks a bit special I think......

Haven't got a double buggy yet as we are very early into the "bump" news ..... So even asking a friend to borrow theirs would be a pain as we don't want it to be public knowledge yet (but here I am on a public forum telling a load of strangers!!!! Weird I know!!)

Already started searching the dealership for something bigger, as don't think that the S3 is going to cut it with the space...... Hopefully they will allow me to swap my deposit over and just sell through my S3 when it arrives....

S5Q looks a bit special I think......

SQ5 is a quality machine, although it feels a bit dated inside now. I'd wait for the new version personally.