New member - S3 Saloon

Reece V

Reaction score
Good day all!

I've been lurking in this forum for about a year but only just signed up. With fingers crossed, I'm due to pick up my new S3 Saloon next week from Coventry Audi - The misses is in for a bit of a surprise when she gets home to find the little Fiesta gone from the drive, but I hope she'll forgive me when she drives it!

Just a generic thanks to those on here for offering up so much detailed info and advice, was really useful when making my decision to come back to Audi (bought a new A3 convertible in 2009 for my 25th but chopped it in when I met the misses as she didn't like her hair getting messed up!)

With a bit of luck, I'll pop some pics on here next week. Hopefully the pics won't show that I've had to move into the car...

Happy driving, Reece

Audi S3 Saloon, Daytona Grey, Black Styling Pack, 19" 5 Arm Wing Titanium Alloys, Tornado Red Callipers, Privacy Glass, LED Headlights, Electric Folding Mirrors, Advanced Key, Side Assist, Interior Light Pack, Side Assist, Fine Napp Leather, Black with Silver Stiching, Black Cloth Headlining, Comfort & Tech Pack, Parking System Plus with Reverse Camera. Oh and Electric Lumbar Support so I can pretend I was thinking of the wife when I spec'd the car :whip:

Reactions: Rob2k68, Simon L, Madmo and 3 others
Hi Reece, welcome to Audi-sport.net. Very nice spec. Sure the wife will love it. Look forward to the pics. Enjoy the forum :) x

Reactions: Reece V
Welcome to the forum!

Nice spec car you've got on the way to you!

l think Daytona with the BSP looks minted,cracking/well thought out specced car,enjoy and may l say...Fiesta..to a S3 saloon............awesome Quantam leap in car/model

Reactions: Reece V and Sandra
Good day all!

I've been lurking in this forum for about a year but only just signed up. With fingers crossed, I'm due to pick up my new S3 Saloon next week from Coventry Audi - The misses is in for a bit of a surprise when she gets home to find the little Fiesta gone from the drive, but I hope she'll forgive me when she drives it!

Just a generic thanks to those on here for offering up so much detailed info and advice, was really useful when making my decision to come back to Audi (bought a new A3 convertible in 2009 for my 25th but chopped it in when I met the misses as she didn't like her hair getting messed up!)

With a bit of luck, I'll pop some pics on here next week. Hopefully the pics won't show that I've had to move into the car...

Happy driving, Reece

Audi S3 Saloon, Daytona Grey, Black Styling Pack, 19" 5 Arm Wing Titanium Alloys, Tornado Red Callipers, Privacy Glass, LED Headlights, Electric Folding Mirrors, Advanced Key, Side Assist, Interior Light Pack, Side Assist, Fine Napp Leather, Black with Silver Stiching, Black Cloth Headlining, Comfort & Tech Pack, Parking System Plus with Reverse Camera. Oh and Electric Lumbar Support so I can pretend I was thinking of the wife when I spec'd the car :whip:
All you need now is the DTUK box

@Nawaid not all of us are as fortune as you to be sponsored by DTUK!

I hope they're giving you commission for all the plugs and Instagram photos!

:tonguewink:

@Reece V on a serious note, your car sounds epic!

Looks like the only boxes you didn't tick are for Dimming (drivers side) wing mirror, adaptive cruise and supersports seats!

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say I can't wait to see pics of it!

Oops looks like you ticked the Side Assist box twice! Perhaps you thought you needed it for each side! And no sound upgrade - I can't believe it! Seriously though that's a great spec though.

@Nawaid not all of us are as fortune as you to be sponsored by DTUK!

I hope they're giving you commission for all the plugs and Instagram photos!

:tonguewink:
lol - not a sponsor just been loaned the boxes - when stickers come off boxes go back but don't want to give them back

That's a belting spec there Reece............................. everything but the kitchen sink!! :)

My wife has no interest in cars whatsoever but she fell in love with the S3 almost as much as I did. You're onto a winner there my friend ;)

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

@JordanQuattro Love your profile pic. The number of times I've sat here thinking "Should have gone Sepang" then "No, Daytona's the colour for me", rinse and repeat a thousand times! Sepang is such a stunning colour. I looked at the ACC but I rarely do the journey type that I'd get use of it - though I'll probably regret not getting it on the drive back from Coventry.

@Nawaid This site has been invaluable when reading about what to do with the S3 next. 1st spend is going to be on professional detailing, probably going to the Gtechniq route at Definitive Detail Chelmsford. Think I'll drive the car stock for a couple of thousand miles before seriously thinking about a performance upgrade. I'm leaning towards the DTUK route over a stage 1 remap so will probably pick your brain a little way down the line if that's ok!

@glospete If you've seen my wife drive....Its a shame Audi didn't have a option for a guy to walk in front of the car with a flag...Sound system was an school boy error on my part - I had the B&O system on my A3 convertible and it sounded superb.

@Simon L Thank you mate, glad your misses likes it - I bet you have the "no it's ok love I'll drive" conversation each time you go out!

Reactions: glospete, Simon L and Sandra
Hey, welcome but your surely not going to let your wife drive it, your joking??????????

Reactions: Reece V, Simon L and Sandra
@steeve Haha - She's actually not too bad a driver if I'm honest :racer:

Reactions: Blackwhite
Welcome to the forum and hope the new car is fantastic. The saloon is awesome, you'll love it :)

Reactions: Reece V and Blackwhite

Just picked her up - will get a few more pics tomorrow but what a car! So much fun to drive!

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Brasso, Jassyo06 and 7 others
Looks fantastic, great colour!

Looks fantastic, great colour!

Thanks NATOuk! In the 16 week build I was kicking myself for not going Sepang as Sepang is one of the nicest colours I've seen. Now that she's here, i'm so pleased I stuck with Daytona - I think it looks like a beast when combined with the black pack. Here's a couple more:

Reactions: Migwire, Simon L and Jassyo06