TDI Front mount and custom hard pipes

dale86

Reaction score
IMAG1656

Finally finished my front mount set up on my car thanks to the fabrication skills of my good friend. My main reason for replacement was thatbi was sick of paying the crazy prices Audi demand for the intercooler pipes and my intercooler was also past its best leaking oil all over my drive.
IMAG1657

It seems to pull better now pulling all the way to redline which it seemed to die off before.
IMAG1655

it's pretty tight even behind a votex bumper their was plenty of bumper to trim out but it's in now. I just need to run it over the weekend and make sure their is no teething issues then it'll be off to a mate for a custom map.

Yeah mate get that fabrication wizardry put to work again but I think your bumper is going to need some serious surgery lol.

Very smart dale! get some shots of the bumper on...id love this on mine.have you got your chooo noise?

Ill get a pic uploaded with the bumper on soon I still haven't achieved the chooo noise yet I think I'm going to just give up chasing that lol

Nice install.very tidy and smartly done.want to do mine :)

Thanks Ross I've been thinking of maybe making a couple and see if they would sell as they would be a direct replacement apart from cutting the bumper a little bit

I carnt remember the size of the front mount and the pipes are 2.25" diameter

Reactions: Allan DTi
Very Very Nice dale. The FMIC looks so good behind the bumper in plain sight.