A3 S-Line hatch - colour choice

Muttley75

Reaction score
I've ordered mine in solid black (because I'd rather spend the £540 they want for a different colour on some options like the comfort pack); other choices were solid red or solid Ibis white. I've had black before, so I know how they show dust and water marks etc. I just wondered if anyone else here has a solid black A3 and how it holds up to scratch marks, wear and tear and just generally? I was tempted to go white but my previous car of 4 years was white so fancied a change - although it was dead easy to keep clean, the downside was that when it was waxed and polished you couldn't really tell by looking at it whereas the black will (hopefully) look great. Opinions please?

Why not join team Brilliant Red? I think it looks really good, specially when cleaned and polished. It's is subtly different from lots of other reds out there - nice slightly orangey tint.

I do like red and think it's making a bit of a comeback but sadly the Mrs doesn't. Black or white are my only choices. In fact it's probably too late to change it now but still interested in opinions of Audi solid black rather than black in general.

Out of those choices I wouldn't consider the white as it looks like an off cream colour.

The 2012-14 Amalfi white was off white. The 2015 Ibis White is a very white white.

:puke2:As you say black shows, dust, dirt, water marks and swirls. But if you like those things.....................

I know... But I do clean mine and the missus' cars every weekend so not the problem it may be for most. So no one got black here? Daytona Grey would have been my first choice, looks fantastic but not when it adds half a grand to an already expensive car :)